Original topic:

Looking for the 5g cellular version of the tab s8 ultra

(Topic created: 04-25-2022 03:52 PM)
Midknight2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Does anybody know if there is a 5g version of the tab s8 Ultra and if so where can I order it? I'm in the usa.

21 Replies
bpanatech
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Unfortunately there is no cellular version of the S8 Ultra, You might have to consider turning hotpot on your Galaxy smartphone in order to get your tablet to have internet and also turn off the "turn off when device is not connected for" so your s8 ultra get constant Internet connection just like it would on the cellular version of the smaller S8 tablets.
Midknight2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you for your response but I have been seeing 5G versions of the S8 ultra online though they are International like Korea and Germany and Japan are those for real
tom2055
Sun
Options
Tablets
While they may be released in other countries samsung might not release it in the US. As it seems they aren't releasing it in the US
Midknight2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thanks. If I purchased one from an international seller would it work in the US?
0 Likes
Midknight2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thanks. If I purchased one from an international seller would it work in the US?
Alexs1993
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Did you ever find out if the international version will work in the US? I'm looking to add it with AT&T

0 Likes
Midknight2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Sorry no one has responded yet.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

There is a very good chance that it will not work in the US.  The US 5G bands are different from most others.  A fellow bought a 5G S22 in Brazil and it wouldn't work on AT&T and when I googled the bands, there were none in common with the US though he claimed it would work with T-Mobile.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Alexs1993
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Would the 4G LTE bands work still or would it basically end up being a wifi tablet?
0 Likes