JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost Battery Life Extender in Galaxy settings

(Topic created: 04-13-2020 01:24 PM)
Simon414
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

On my Galaxy Tabpro S, it's a windows 10 tablet.

I had that option in the galaxy settings app, and it's even in the screen shot about it in the microsoft store, but it's not on my tablet anymore, there is only the amoled settings and pattern login available.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Simon414
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Restoring from Samsung recovery image worked. 
Everything is now as it should be. 
 Thanks everyone

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I'm sorry to hear that, since this is a windows tablet there should be an option when you go into control panel > hardware and sound > power options and there should be a power saver mode there. It will look like this:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Simon414
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It's not what I'm looking for, Battery Life Extender is to limit the battery charge to 85%, so to extend battery lifespan. Going to 100% has a hit on bettery health. You can see the screen shot included. (The screen shot is from windows store)

This is the link to the windows store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/galaxy-settings/9nblggh6f8hj

SamsungSettings.png

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Can you send a screenshot of what you see under Settings > Extras > Galaxy Settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Simon414
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes, thanks for your help:

whatihave.png

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

You will need to call in to 800-726-7864, and ask the agent to connect to you Tab Pro remotely for assistance with this.

0 Likes
Simon414
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I tried already but he couldn't fix it, I think he didn't really understand what the problem was, he reinstalled samsung update and realised all was up to date already and didn't know what else to try. 

That's why I'm are 🙂

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Simon414 wrote:

I tried already but he couldn't fix it, I think he didn't really understand what the problem was, he reinstalled samsung update and realised all was up to date already and didn't know what else to try. 

That's why I'm are 🙂

I have a Galaxy Book and I would have thought that in my case, the app called Book Settings where the Battery Life Extender is located, would have been available for reinstall via Samsung Update.   Have you looked there for your app?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Simon414
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I installed book settings, it didn't offered me the extended battery option. 

I'm gonna try to restore everything from samsungs image

0 Likes
Solution
Simon414
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Restoring from Samsung recovery image worked. 
Everything is now as it should be. 
 Thanks everyone

View solution in context

0 Likes