JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Making SD Card primary for TAB A7?

(Topic created: 12-17-2023 02:09 AM)
Talontsi
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
How do I make my external SD card my primary? Simply moving files from internal to external when trying to download a game doesn't work when the internal storage is so small.. I barely have anything on it. What do I do?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You will never be able to free up all the space, at best the data associated with the apps plus any files (data and graphic) that you added.  If this is a real issue the only way out is to buy another tablet, new or used, with more internal storage and RAM. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

2 Replies
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
You can force apps to external storage in Developer Options. If you move the app you use to download the game to external storage, most of its data move as well. You use/set each app, like camera, browser, etc. to change storage location for their data.
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You will never be able to free up all the space, at best the data associated with the apps plus any files (data and graphic) that you added.  If this is a real issue the only way out is to buy another tablet, new or used, with more internal storage and RAM. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor