Original topic:

Mic problem on Galaxy tab A

(Topic created: 06-04-2021 04:01 PM)
userq5EIlTbxsn
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello ,

My tab has a problem. Everything worked fine until I installed an update from Samsung. (Version T290XXU3BUE1/T290OXM3BUC1, Patch Level April 1, 2021.) When using Zoom, I can hear, but nobody can hear me. The microphone stopped working on Facebook, zoom,Due and many apps.  

I think the problem is from the last update,  is there  anyone can help me out please? Bez I can't study on zoom.😅

13 Replies
userBoJuahqOFk
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

@SamsungJam 

I have the same problem please help us out!

Fix your last version 

userYRDF1xl3Eo
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Latest June 2021 Samsung Tab A 8" no longer receives external microphone input.

userNXUUKEl0z8
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Same issue here. Mic not working in any app, even when they have permissions to access mic. 

user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Same problem on three of our pads.  This is maddening!

Tried rebooting pad, uninstalling and reinstalling Google Voice, working with Samsung techs to no avail. 

It happened in early June 2021 after Samsung software update.

We don't have landline or cell coverage in our remote area and need these pads to work via internet. This is Not Acceptable. 

userRCg5m3oSLu
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Same problem here in both of our Samsung tablets. Mic is not working on Zoom, Teams, Messenger. They all have mic permission. And the tablet can record, so mic is working. All this happened after system update on June 6. Please help. My kids need the tablets working for school

user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Lots of people are having this issue.  Last Samsung software update broke Google Voice phone capability.  You can hear the person you call or who calls you, but that person can't hear you.  It behaves like the mic on your Pad has been muted or turned off.  Have not found any solution to this yet even after chatting with Samsung techs for a couple hours.  I posted this issue on the Google Voice Community too.

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/112406987/google-voice-malfunctioning-after-device-update?hl...

But don't bother posting to the Google Voice Community as they have identified this is a Samsung issue that will require a new software update to resolve.

user9JC6CtblYT
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem.  Very frustrating. Cannot be heard in apps such as zoom and freeconferencecall since the latest update. 

useruCK78p15vA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello. I had same problem yesterday on 2 of my kids tablets (sm-290). In video calls microphone doesn't work. Gave me hard time as they use it for online school. We have total 3 of those tablets and 2 were updated 2 days ago with April update and microphone stopped working in video calls. The 3rd tablet wasn't updated and still has February updates and works fine. First I tried everything including factory reset, cache partition clean up but nothing helped. But finally I fixed it by reflashing whole tablet with older firmware, which was I believe July, 2020 and everything works perfect now. This is clearly bug in their April update. All apps were up to date, so it's not app problems. Before I reflashed tablet I also tried reinstalling apps, different accounts, permissions and everything else possible. So either we need to wait for them fix it in new update or downgrade tablet.

user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Lots of activity on this problem, including Samsung assistance, can be found on this post:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-A8-mic-not-working-on-zoom-or-messenger-video-calls/...

I have been told by Samsung that one can't downgrade to the previous software update.  So if you found a way to actually to do that, kindly report exactly how you accomplished that in the above post that I provided a link to.