cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwrmcusn
Asteroid

Moving files/apps to SD card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm new to my Samsung GalaxyTab S2 32GB tablet. I've searched the forum but have not found an answer.

I bought, installed and mounted a 32gb micro SD card. Now how do I move files and apps to that card?

I have gone thru the settings and cannot find a MOVE feature like I have on my Android phone.

The tablet has Lollipop 5.1.1 as the OS.

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nos482
Constellation

Re: Moving files/apps to SD card

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hey there I just joined and saw this post. So you go to the settings-> applications->application manager and find the app you want to move. If it's movable under the "I" there will be a storage button is there select SD and in the bottom right hand corner there is the move button. It may be hard to see depending on your theme but press that area and you should see the progress start. Hope this helps!!!

17 REPLIES 17
alwrmcusn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since no one has responded should I assume that there is no way to move files/apps to the micro SD card? If not why is there a slot for the card?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Alwrmcun,

I apologize for the delay in responding.  To move your files to your SD card you'll want to go to Settings>Storage>Device then copy and paste what you want documents and photos you want to move to the Ext SD Card.  

For Apps please go to Settings>Application Manager and select apps.  If they are able to move to the SD card you will have a button that says Move to SD card.  

I hope this helps you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

alwrmcusn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I go to Settings/Storage/SD Card....I see the space I have available but I cannot figure out how to copy/paste to there. I really hate being so clueless especially since this is such a simple procedure on my phone and my PC. Can you direct me to a specific User Manual location describing how the process is done or respond with the specifics via email or a reply here? Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are not able to move files this way you can try this option.

1. From a Home screen, tap Apps > My Files.

2. Tap a category to view the relevant files or folders.

3. Tap MORE > Edit, select a file or folder, and then MOVE:

These steps can be found in the user manual on page 48. Here is a link to this manual ((you may need to open this manual in internet explorer))
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201508/20150829031148982/WIF_SM-T810_TabS2_EN_UM_LL_5.0...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUYo3ptFvuI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 18.4" View under 5.1.1 and have installed a $60 512GB uSD card from usadiscountwarehouse.com.  5.1.1 is hobbled up like an iOS useless pile of junk but the hackers have a solution without rooting it.  5.1.1 will READ the card, out of the box so you can send all your stuff to their cloudspammers.  But, refuses to WRITE to the card, just like iOS Apples.  Same stupid mentality.  I was so disappointed.  But, I found an answer on the Play store in Int-SD card Write Fix.  Find it on playstore, it's free, a widget.  When it runs, your 5.1.1 will WRITE to the card, just like a real computer!  Now, download Total Commander from the playstore for free and download the USB-OTG plugin for it so the stupid, hobbled-up 5.1.1 will read and write to REAL USB devices using exFAT and NTFS formatted media, just like real computers!  I haven't been successful at fixing the app moving to the massive 512GB uSD, yet.  

NOW, if the stupid View only had proper CODECS for AVI, MPG, DIVX, and all the regular, popular video formats, just like my old Acer A500 under 4.0.3 plays perfectly.  Why are these upgrades and newer Android devices more and more hobbled up like an Apple iPad?!@  Grrr....no more Androiditis here.  I'm going back to Windows or Linux.

userUYo3ptFvuI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tried something with Total Commander.  I downloaded an apk app to the View 5.1.1 and MOVED it to a appropriately named directory on my 512GB uSD card.  I clicked on the file name and TOTAL COMMANDER RAN IT!

This isn't the elegant answer, but I can now run all but Samsung hobbleware directly from the monster card!

Why are we paying good money for company hobbleware??  I'm sick of it.  My Acer plays ALL THE MOVIES in ANY format under MX Player Pro plugged into its real USB 'A' port under NTFS...out of the box.  Android 4.0.3 just works BETTER!

Nos482
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hey there I just joined and saw this post. So you go to the settings-> applications->application manager and find the app you want to move. If it's movable under the "I" there will be a storage button is there select SD and in the bottom right hand corner there is the move button. It may be hard to see depending on your theme but press that area and you should see the progress start. Hope this helps!!!

Ckristi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the latest update the applications manager has changed.  There is no longer a button to move to SD card on any of my Applications!   How do I do it Now? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried this for several applications? Some apps may not be able to be moved. Thank you. ^Drew