cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

My Sad Tab S6 Story

This was the message that I have sent to Samsung Support:

Hi, I would like to stress my disappointment with the quality and the attention regarding the purchase of my first non-Apple tablet. This February I bought in Chicago a Tab S6 at a Best Buy. At first everything was working fine but the tablet started to restart spontaneously every hour, even if not in use. Then my story with customer support started.

I live in Brazil. And I travel abroad constantly. Customer support for products bought outside of the country was never a problem. But then came the pandemic.

I tried to contact customer support in the US, but I was advised to seek for help in Brazil. I just kept using the tablet, less and less, since when I made contact with the Brazilian customer support they said nothing could be done and there was no warranty, since the product was not bought within the country.

Ok, I kept using the tablet. When Android updates were available I promptly installed them, hoping for the continuous restart problem to go away. In the last update the tablet just got stuck in the obnoxious blue download screen.

Ok again. I decided to skip calling support and took the tablet to the largest support center in São Paulo, Brazil. The responsible for my quarrel just told me that there was no support there and that I should call Samsung Brazil to know where to take the tablet. I made clear that I would not like a fix within the warranty, I wanted to pay for someone to fix my tablet so I could use it. But the instructions were to call support.

I called support. And they told me that no authorized Samsung support venue would be able to solve my tablets problem because it was not produced in Brazil! I insisted, I wanted to pay for someone to check what was going on, but there was no other option.

My tablet was stuck. It was not capable of initializing. And I took it to a non authorized dealer. After trying 3 different venues, someone took the tablet and after 24h work was able to fix it.

It worked well for some time. After about 1 month it started to restart again. Not as often as previously, but still. I was able to use it properly until last week, when it just died. It does not charge anymore, there is just a black screen in a 500 dollar tablet, or should I say, piece of junk.

The most important here: I did not give up on Samsung. I needed a tablet and I like Samsung products. I just decided to buy a S6 Lite so I would be able to use it. Nevertheless, my S6 is still dead. And its most probable destiny would be in a electronic garbage disposal.

I don't know if anything could be done. I understand the problem with buying an electronic some place else. But I never had this problem with Apple. And now, well, I would have rethink my relationship with Samsung unless customer support broadens its coverage.

Their response:

The could only offer me their apologies. 

Nice one, Samsung. 

3 REPLIES 3
Astronaut

Re: My Sad Tab S6 Story

that is sad! They should have sent you a new one!
Cosmic Ray

I agree, its still a samsung product.
Astronaut

I had a similar problem . I received one from a company in Canada that came broke and sent it off to Samsung in the US like I was instructed and it was sent back still broke. no explanation just sent it back broke. bc it was from Canada they wouldn't mess with it here in the US which I didn't know any of tht at first and it got figured out finally but Samsungs customer support could use some working on and the whole international device deal as they call them could be looked into if you receive one from another country especially if its brand new bc there still Samsung products