cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGcriepMJaD
Constellation

My tablet suddeny gives me error: cant run apps without google play services

Suddeny after an update my tablet keeps popping up that certain apps will not run without Google play services and Google play services are not supported by your device.    The tablet came with Google play services installed. Google  play store has disappeared from my entire tablet.   Many many apps are not working.  Model number : Sm-T580 Help!

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung_DF7h64u
Astronaut

Re: My tablet suddeny gives me error: cant run apps without google play services

My tablet did this as well, and I had a hard time getting it fixed because it wouldn't connect to the Internet. I had to use the Internet app to correct it. You just need to update your Google Play Services and it will be fine.

userGcriepMJaD
Constellation

Re: My tablet suddeny gives me error: cant run apps without google play services

Ok so how do I update it? 

Samsung_DF7h64u
Astronaut

Let me clarify my last statement. The tablet by default was trying to use Chrome. It wont connect to Chrome if your Services need updating. Therefore, I used the internet app to correct the problem.

Samsung_DF7h64u
Astronaut

Does it give you an option to update?

userGcriepMJaD
Constellation

No. In fact Google play store is missing from my entire tablet. Also I did find Google play services but it will not allow me to do anything to it

userGcriepMJaD
Constellation

It also says Google play services are not supported by my device. But it was before the stupid update 

Samsung_DF7h64u
Astronaut

When mine gave the error that it wouldn't work without the services, mine face an option to update. But when I clicked update it would try to connect using Chrome and failed every time because it needed the services. However, I have an internet app on mine. It finally connected and updated my play services and everything was working fine at that point.

userGcriepMJaD
Constellation

Is there a way I can go to the Google play store online and then update it from there?

Samsung_DF7h64u
Astronaut

I'm not sure. You can try it and hopefully it let's you, but otherwise you may need to do a full restore.