Original topic:

Never Again Samsung

(Topic created: 05-06-2021 04:50 PM)
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Have the Tab S6 and not even 2 years old it is dead. Half the screen is garbage and the other half is fine.  The screen color is way off. White is off white and a soft glow.  Did a factory reset by rotating the tablet so I can get to the buttons to click.

600 dollars down the drain. For that money it better last. Will not purchase another Samsung product. Now I am so worried about my S21 Ultra and S21 Plus. How long will they last.

Oh put my Tab S6 on the charger over night and this morning went to use it and nothing. Piece of garbage if it doesn't even last 2 years.
7 Replies
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
And no it is not a simple screen replacement, it is the motherboard. The tablet is in perfect condition, no water, no drops handled with care and it still didn't last 2 years. Bought in 2019 brand new. This is not some refurbished tablet
saxappeal
Halo
Options
Tablets
Sorry for your troubles for what it's worth. Your tablet should definitely last more than 2 years which is PART of the reason why some of us buy flagship devices. You'd expect an S series tablet or phone to give you at LEAST 4-5 years. I'm not here to patronize you but to definitely reiterate your sentiment. I too have an S21 Ultra, Tab S7+ and Z Fold 2 and I'm watching closely as to how these devices behave and perform my routine day in and day out because they certain better do it. I haven't had issues yet but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I recommend sticking it out with Samsung but you have to do what is best for you. There are very few alternatives(At least for me anyway). I genuinely hope a positive scenario comes your way.
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Thank you for the encouragement in this. I really did like my Tab S6. It was a power house and did everything I needed it to do. Will see what Samsung says about repair.
saxappeal
Halo
Options
Tablets
Absolutely. I don't like seeing people going through stuff like this. I try to put myself in others shoes and think from there. I look forward to hearing the results soon and again much positive energy towards your way. On another note I owned an IPad pro 11inch on AT&T for a while. You should look into that possibly if you end up leaving I'm not a big fan of apple but I really liked it. It worked great and it will feel like an upgrade. To me it was a lateral move since I have the S7+ but for you it might be a nice upgrade. Let me know what you think.
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Well this didn't go as I hoped. The Tab S6 has a 1 year warranty from date of purchase. Looked in my Amazon account order history and I purchased this tablet in Jan 2020. This tablet only lasted 1 year and 4 months. 600 #$%$#@# dollars down the drain. If I want it fixed I have to pay for it.

Pretty hard to get a new tablet right now with this whole covid mess going on. Helping family out has put a strain on my budget. No worries tho, I will get back on track soon and then maybe in 2022 I will start converting over to Apple eco system. New everything. Just passed off that a flag ship device didn't last like it should. Oh well, I have been learning alot about Samsung as if late and its time to move forward.
saxappeal
Halo
Options
Tablets
It's a shame and very disappointing to hear. Thanks for letting everyone know the results. I hope you can come back strong soon with a new setup and feeling refreshed. I hear you on money being tight and as you probably know apple doesn't include a jar of Vaseline when it comes to their prices lol. Seriously though if my tablet did that a year later it would have **bleep** me off too.
BigDog45ACP
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Just looked in my Samsung account for my devices. I have to call Samsung for repair options. It didn't say it was in warranty or not just to call for support. Will call tomorrow and see what's the deal. If I have to pay for repairs then i am gone. Tablet is not even 2 years old, Samsung should be the ones fixing it and footing the bill.