cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

New tab s6 screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the tab s6 with data and I'm very disappointed Werth the screen. Within 24hrs it already has scratches. This is Not my first Samsung tablet and all of my previous tabs have  had a very resilient screen. This ones seems to be made from a very inferior plastic. If I had known I would have had screen protector for it immediately. This is a very expensive tablet. I wish someone had warned me. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: New tab s6 screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user62OACXuDJK 

Just curious.  Were you using the keyboard cover?

Glass selection is a compromise between finding the best shatter resistance vs scratch resistance.  The thing with Gorilla Glass ( ion-strengthened glass) is, that the more shatterproof it became, the more susceptible it was to scratches. In order to improve drop resistants, glass has to become softer which makes it easier to scratch. Most people think that the newer Gorilla Glass is more scratch resistant, it isnt.  Gorilla Glass 3 is more scratch resistant than the Gorilla Glass 5.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for your problems.  The Tab S6 has Gorilla Glass 3 so it is on par with the best glass in the industry.

Did the scratches come from the keyboard cover or something else?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had it in my bag with my laptop and it facing a spiral notebook and laying on my desk. I have had  3 Samsung tablets and I have never had this issue before. I have had less than 24 hrs. I am heart broken. I have a screen protector coming today. But I was mainly getting that to protect from cracking. I am so disappointed. I have a work iPad that does not have this issue. This is a 700$ tablet the screen is not of this quality. 
Show quoted text

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have 2 of these here, both with the keyboard cover and the cover has scratched both screens top left and right corners! These tablets cost a fortune, as did the keyboard covers.

Very disappointed. What can we do? We are in Canada.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroqbdgwck0o wrote:

We have 2 of these here, both with the keyboard cover and the cover has scratched both screens top left and right corners! These tablets cost a fortune, as did the keyboard covers.

Very disappointed. What can we do? We are in Canada.

@useroqbdgwck0o , I would open up a repair ticket with Samsung Ca and talk to them.  Since the scratches happened because of the keyboard there may be something that they can do for you.  https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Contacted support. Said if it was physical damage that isn't covered on the warranty. Directed me to the local repair people (1 hour drive away) who said they don't repair tablets and just contact Samsung again.  He took photos under a microscope (he said) and will send them to Samsung when they ask for them.

They will want to send the tablets away, so we will be without them for who knows how long and possibly will be landed with the bill if Samsung denies responsability.

Very unsatisfactory. Wish we hadn't bought the keyboard covers now. Or the tablets, come to that. Although we love both.

@bill-e 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a tab s6 as well and I bought a screen protector but it didn't deliver at the same time as my tablet  so I used my tablet without a screen protector for like 4 days and it never left my bedroom I was very cautious not to let anything touch the screen and when I finally got to installing the screen protector I noticed a tiny scratch it was pretty insignificant but it was there so I've had the same issues....they say the tab s6 has gorilla glass 3 I'm not sure why they wouldn't put the latest gorilla glass on a $650 tablet kind of a cheap move but other than that I love it it's been a great tablet so far 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user62OACXuDJK 

Just curious.  Were you using the keyboard cover?

Glass selection is a compromise between finding the best shatter resistance vs scratch resistance.  The thing with Gorilla Glass ( ion-strengthened glass) is, that the more shatterproof it became, the more susceptible it was to scratches. In order to improve drop resistants, glass has to become softer which makes it easier to scratch. Most people think that the newer Gorilla Glass is more scratch resistant, it isnt.  Gorilla Glass 3 is more scratch resistant than the Gorilla Glass 5.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Screen is cracked on Tab S6 (my fault, it dropped). The issue is lack of any practical way to get it repaired. In multiple calls to Samsung, they confirmed that there are no authorized repair centers for this product (unlike Samsung phones, where you can go to Best Buy or ubreakifix). The only way to get it fixed is to mail the tablet back to Samsung, which is a 9-11 business day process.

Samsung, shame on you for rushing a product to market that you were not prepared to service in a reasonable fashion. Cracked screens are an everyday occurrence and your chase for the almighty dollar should not come at the expense of your customers. I am a long-time Samsung phone customer, and my absolute last choice is to go over to Apple, but this experience may push me over to them.