cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

No Operation, No Recovery Menu, No USB Connection.

Hello, I have been given a Non Functional Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 and I am on WIN 10 Pro PC.

The only things that are happening on this Unit are, a) Logo appears at Power ON and it goes no further. Turns OFF OK, but on occasions, the Logo will reappear. Plug in Charger Cable and Battery Icon appears, but the Circle does not Rotate or Move, so I am not sure if it is Charging or Not. I have used The Samsung Charger for a number of hours, so, if the Charging system is working, it should have enough to Start. I have also used the USB port to charge and the Battery Icon appears, the same as charging by the Samsung Charger. I did measure the Voltage at Internal Battery Terminal and it was 4.13v - I assume that this is sufficient for a Start Up. Power + VOL UP, only produces Galaxy Logo - when VOL Up is released it leaves a Blank Screen, which after while, turns Black - No Recovery Menu appears. Power + VOL Down, brings up the Android Download Screen, but nothing happens from there, as it has no USB Connection. Selecting Cancel turns unit off.

My PC will not recognise a USB Connection, when connected to any USB Port. It is the same result if I connect to my Laptop. I have replaced the External Cable and the Charger Port and Internal Cable, to ensure this part of system is all OK. I use a USB 2.0 Port and have also tested on USB 3.0 Port. These changes have made no difference.

I have installed KIES v2.6.4.16113_3 which appears to be correct version for this Unit.

When KIES is Opened and USB 2.0 is connected - KIES requests a Connection, but it cannot connect and does not produce an Error Message. I have run the USB Troubleshooter, which Re-Installs the required Driver and then Completes, with no Messages. Still No USB Connection after Troubleshooter Completes.

Questions - a) Does the Unit need an OS to establish a USB Connection. b) If NOT - what is causing No USB Connection. c) If YES, how then is it possible to Install the OS or Recover System, in the absence of Recovery Menu or KIES Recovery Methods. d) I need to know Step by Step Instructions on how to proceed from here.

I am now of the belief that a USB Connection is required, before proceeding any further.

I am a Computer Tech, but not familiar with Android Tablets.

Thank You in Anticipation.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: No Operation, No Recovery Menu, No USB Connection.

Your device sounds like it is Bricked. however it can be saved have you plugged it into Odin to see if it recognizes unit? you can download original Rom from samsung website and flash with Odin, if it recognizes the unit. let me know.
Asteroid

Good Morning and Thank You for your response.

Bricked is a Term that I do use, on occasion, but do not like to, as I believe that everything broken is Fixable.

When I open Latest ODIN with Tablet connected by New Original Cable to USB2, There does not seem to be any positive recognition by my Win 10 PC, as is the case with other USB Devices. However, having said that, last night I had it connected and with the Android Screen saying ""Downloading - do not Stop" or something like that, I pulled the USB Cable out to put the Tablet away and I heard the familier sound from the PC, USB Disconnecting - this suggests to me that it was in fact Connected, but not displayed anywhere. This morning I will see if I can get the Firmware for this Unit. Regards, Owen Carlton.

if this solves your issue can you please mark it as solved. I hope that helped. let me know if there's anything else and I'll look into it and contact you
Asteroid

Hi MalteMicha, Thank You - For the first time, I have just Setup the Android Downloading Screen and connected by USB 2.0 and Now ODIN 3 acknowledges the Connection as it should do. However, I am having great difficulty in being able to loctae and download the Firmware Files ( Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 XSA (Australia) Where I do find it, it is not a FREE Download - including Samsung Updated. This is a Pain in the Butt. Are you aware of a Site where I can get this for FREE, as, being a Veteran & Pensioner, I cannot afford to sign up for Subscriptions.. I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank You.

google GT-N8010 Australia stock rom download and I got this... orirom.com, samfrew.com. if you have to the United Kingdom firmware N8010XXSDQA5 will work to get you up and running if you are unable to get the xsa for some reason. Check XDA website also as this is worth an honorable shot, and they have many firmwares and a forum too!!!

firmware N8010XXUDNK1 will work on yours its Australia firmware from 2014 it is official though!!. from there you could root and your in business!! let me know if this helps, don't forget to mark solved!! Smiley Happy)
Asteroid

Good Morning. I have now had some good luck. a) I successfully downloaded correct Firmware for my GT-N8010 XSA and Unzipped it to One (1) Binary File. b) Using ODIN 3, I have successfully Installed the Firmware, according to ODIN 3. c) Whe ODIN 3 completed, the Logo was on the Screen - I Powered OFF and then attempted to Power ON - Only boots as far as the Logo - Still cannot get to Recovery Screen. - KIES does not Connect. May I ask if you have any further thoughts for me to continue this Fight. Cheers.

Asteroid

Good Afternoon. 4:31pm 23/11/20 in Melbourne. My Luck was not so good after all. Because I had never used ODIN 3.12.3 previously, I did not understand where to Upload the Firmware File to ( BL, AP, CP, or CSC ) My first attempt this morning was BL, which, as stated, did not work. So I tried it with AP, and that did not work. Next, I read somewhere, I should use CSC, so I tried that and that did not work. Finally, I went back to AP, which is same as Old PDA, Plus I Ticked NAND Erase All and Ticked Phone Bootloader Update. This did not work either. There has been No Change at all, with any of my attempts. The only thing it will do correctly is to Display the Galaxy Logo with a Power ON and remove the Logo with a Power OFF, plus, the ODIN Download Screen. Still cannot get the Recovery Menu to cvome up. I am now wondering if NAND Chip is KARPUT and, if it is, then its destination is the Bin, as I will not give it to a Service Centre, to get Ripped OFF.  The Firmware is N8010XXUDNK1 + the XSA for Australia and it loads up in ODIN as Single Download, SBoot.bin, TZ.img, Recovery.img, System.img, System.img, Cache.img, &, Hidden.img and ODIN states that the Install was successful. I would have thought, if NAND Chip was KARPUT, the Installation would not have been successful, and maybe, provided an Error. I notice that when ODIN is connected to my PC, Device Manager identifies it in USB Serial Bus Controllers and identified as SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device. KIES, on its own, does not even search for USB and it does not show in Device Manager. ODIN, on the other hand, finds the USB and it shows in Device Manager. It is interesting to note that if ODIN is Open and Connected, then KIES maks an attempt to Connect, but cannot do so.

I will still be interested in your thoughts, as I am still wishing to find out what is wrong. It is incredible just how mqany Samsung Owners are having similar issues, strangely, just after 4 years of service - ????.  Cheers, Owen Carlton.