Original topic:

No security update for Tab S9 since November One UI 6 update

(Topic created: 02-25-2024 05:36 PM)
userQFjmYwa6c6
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 plus and I receive monthly security patches. However on my tab s9 the last update was the one ui 6 update back in November 2023. There haven't been any updates since. The tab is on US region. Is this normal? Why the discrepancy on update cadence for smartphones and tablets? S9 was just recently released.
10 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Tablets are generally on quarterly updates, the next update will be soon with the Ui 6.1 with Ai features !
userQFjmYwa6c6
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I think tabs should be on monthly update schedules, same as phones. No reason for them to be decoupled
PghLei
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I just updated my tablet. Keep checking every day
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
What tablet do you have and what security patch are you on
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

New tablets are updated quarterly.  The S9 should be getting 6.1 in March. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
RGK11
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Yes, quarterly. We haven't received an update in 5 months
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

My Tab S8U was updated on 1 March 2024 so there's something wrong with your device.  Assuming that it is a USA model Try using Smart Switch

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin/

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your computer.

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
RGK11
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
No, my tab 8 ultra was updated, my tab 9 ultra hasn't been. The devices are never updated at the same time. It's a Samsung problem, not my tablet
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
Is it a Wi-Fi or 5G variant? What is your carrier/CSC code? Do note that the Open carrier (XAR) is also used for Wi-Fi variants.
• AT&T (ATT)
• C Spire (ACG)
• Cricket (AIO)
• Metro by T-Mobile (TMK)
• Spectrum Mobile (CHA)
• T-Mobile USA (TMB)
• US Cellular (USC)
• Verizon (VZW)
• Xfinity Mobile (CCT)
• Open (XAR)
• Unknown (XAA)
0 Likes