Original topic:

No text messaging on S4 tab

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 09:56 PM)
DONNASTECHSUPPORT
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Galaxy Tab S4 tablet. Supposedly this model can be set up to send/rcv texts associated with an Android phone. In Messages app I go to Settings / More settings, but there is no "Text messages" entry in the list. Does this mean this tablet can't handle texts?
5 Replies
Jaystarrockzz
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
As long as it is set up properly you should receive all messages. Of course make sure your device is connected to wifi or connection with your phone provider if it has it's own line
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@DONNASTECHSUPPORT If you are using a Samsung phone, you should find a "Call & text on other devices" option. This will allow you to do what you are trying to do. The devices have to be on the same Wi-Fi network.

SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Hello there, Thank you guys so much for that information which is absolutely correct and appreciated. @DONNASTECHSUPPORT I also located the troubleshooting article here Calls and Messages if you are in need of further assistance with the steps and process. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DONNASTECHSUPPORT
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thanks, Stephanie. Did you mean to include a link? Anyway I found that the phone and tab are set up on different Samsung accts. I'm currently having a lot of confusion on how to solve that. But -- on the tab there is still no "Text messages" under More Settings as described above.
0 Likes
SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Yes, I apologize about that, the link I was trying to include was https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/. Do you mind if I ask what carrier you're using for your mobile device? Also please be advised to make calls and send messages on a device other than your phone, you'll need to add the same Samsung account to both the phone and the tablet, until that action has happened you will not see that text message option. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes