Original topic:

Not able to go back to the home screen or to a previous page on my new tablet?

(Topic created: 07-17-2021 09:15 PM)
justmeminx
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I got a new tablet and got it set up. The problem I'm having is that nothing I do is allowing me to go back to the home screen or even back a previous page. Normally you can scroll up on the bottom and it will allow you to go back to the home screen by touching a button. But nothing happens when I scroll up from the bottom. The only way for me to go back to the home screen that shows all of my apps is for me to turn the tablet off and back on again. What a pain. Anyone have a clue? I already did a Google Search and it wasn't helpful.

7 Replies
Options
Tablets
Does your Samsung Tablet have a visible home button? Like the recent app and back button?
0 Likes
justmeminx
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
No, it doesn't. That's what I'm trying to find
0 Likes
justmeminx
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Google told me to try the pinch method. That doesn't work. It says to go to the menu icon and I don't even see that anywhere. Nothing I can find out on my tablet is helpful. Very frustrating to have to keep turning my tablet off just to get to my home screen. The power button seems to be faulty or something because I have to actually hold the button down for 30 to 45 seconds and then when I let go, it will eventually start up.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I'm not sure if this will work, but try going to Settings>display>navigation bar>buttons and see if that changes anything.Screenshot_20210718-015759_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
justmeminx
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I've already tried that. I have been through every aspect of the settings and I did check that out and it looks just like your picture. It took me a bit to get back here to answer you because once I clicked on the picture and it came up, I wasn't able to get out of it because I can't go back and I can't access the home screen so I had no choice but to turn the tablet off and then turn it back on. Problem is, turning it back on it's not so simple. It just doesn't want to turn on. I really think this tablet is faulty. I wish I had tried it out earlier when I got it on Amazon Prime day. But I only had a chance today and now all of this. I will reach out to them on Monday and see what they can do to help me with and getting an exchange. Thanks for trying to help
0 Likes
mommadog
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
You can get a tech any time. Just keep clicking on I need more help. I did that yesterday. But you can return it for replacement. They are very good about that. Even if you got it from a seller besides Amazon. Amazon guarantees everything.
I returned my new fire HD 10 plus 2 days after I got it on prime day with no problems. I didn't even have the box (thought it went in recycling but found it a few days later..lol)
You can call them too. There is always customer service 24/7.
It sure sounds like you got a dud and that's their problem to fix.
Which tablet do you have?
0 Likes
justmeminx
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you for that info.
0 Likes