JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not charging above 86%

(Topic created: 01-28-2020 02:07 PM)
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Samsung Galaxy Tab A Model SM-T580, will not charge beyond 85 - 86%, have latest updates and have removed SIM card, have checked setting in battery setup.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CharlaMarie
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Settings. Device. Care. Battery. More Battery Settings. Protect Battery (was set to save the lifespan of your battery by limiting the maximum charge) turn this off.

View solution in context

26 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

We are sorry to hear about this. Please go to Settings>Device Care> and select Battery. On the battery screen, tap the Menu (3 dots at upper right) and select Settings. On the Settings page, scroll down to Protect Battery, and turn this off. The device will now charge to 100%.

userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I already done that, still will not charge above 85%,

I have also changed charger

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

I assume that you've rebooted it after changing the setting.  Have you tried charging it with the power off?  Same results?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Yes I have rebooted, same problem even if charging when tablet switched off.

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Does it still do this in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

When in Safe Mode it will charge to 100%.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Do you have any power saving settings active?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userMfoEMynXBh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

I have No Power Saving Settings active.

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@userMfoEMynXBh wrote:

When in Safe Mode it will charge to 100%.

Well, that is good news.   Now comes the tedious process of trial and error, starting from the most recently installed, to determine which app is causing the problem.

There are various options here, you could uninstall and reinstall each app and see if that cures it.  You could do a Factory reset and start reloading those apps a few at a time and see what's what.  It may be that after the reset you can reinstall all the apps and it will work just fine.

Good luck!

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor