OS Software failed to update, Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Highlighted
Constellation

OS Software failed to update, Samsung Galaxy Tab A

I haven't used my Samsung galaxy tab A for a little while (2-3 months), when i powered up and saw that updates were waiting, i went ahead and downloaded and installed software. The tablet rebooted and attempted to install the software. When i checked to see if the software installed, i got the message "Failed to update software. Take it to a Service Center or call Samsung".

What's going on here?

3 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: OS Software failed to update, Samsung Galaxy Tab A

let me rephrase the error message for you

Failed to create an update that is compatible with your computer. Take it to a Service Center or call Samsung so it can be shoehorned onto your computer whether or not it breaks everything because "Total current devices installed" is a metric that looks really really good.

Your error just means the current update doesnt work on your computer. This is not really a cause for worry. we are way past the Meltdown/Spectre thing, and an update right now would be for control. Im still running 1709 and turned off updates. You will be fine until they make an update the right way.

Samsung Moderator

Sounds like it may need to be re-flashed. Do you happen to have a local Best Buy Store with a Samsung Experience Shop within? The Samsung Experience Shop representatives are able to complete a re-flash at no charge for Samsung devices. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.