Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hugh
Asteroid

Office products on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I bought a tab A with S pen a week ago, and I was trying to use Microsoft apps (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive)

Apps ask me for signing in, and when I enter my email address, there comes an error:

"Can’t connect to the server

Your device might be missing the required security certificates for this server. Please contact your admin or ask the Microsoft community at http://answers.microsoft.com for help with installing the certificates."

I wonder if there is anyone who has Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen, that try to open Excel / Word and enter MS account if it's working.

Thanks,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hugh
Asteroid

Re: Office products on Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Again, I'm slightly obligated to update.

Finally resolved this issue.

The issue was Android System WebView app needs to update in order to go through the sign in page.

Once installed (updated), sign in is no problem.

So, summary,

Update "Android System WebView" from Play Store.

Done.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This sounds like a microsoft issue to me. Here's their support website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

To make sure it is a Microsoft issue you will want to check the following:

-See if this happens with any other app

-Try a different network (Like a public network just to ensure it's not a firewall issue)

-Try loading the tablet into safe-mode and see if it happens there: http://bit.ly/2j9kHaQ

If it doesn't happen with any of the above, then your best bet will be reaching out to Microsoft.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Hugh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sort of obligated to update what I have been through.

I'm contacting the MS to resolve this issue and so far there are some progress.

So the issue is likely the certificates in the device is missing or not the one that MS required.

What you can do is to install something called Fiddler. Once you installed on your PC (not your tablet), assuming you are in the same network, on your tablet device, turn on proxy to your PC that is running Fiddler.

Check the internet connection of your device, and fiddler is capturing all the traces of the devices.

If all good, try opening Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint or Word. You'll see the login screen afterwards.

Once logged in, you can turn off the proxy server. You'll be able to use all the MS apps.

If you want to use OneDrive, Skype for Business do the same. Make sure you logged in with proxy setting and make sure all the login information is saved on your device.

I've tested it that if you sign out, you'll need a proxy setting for accessing login server (due to missing certificate)

I'll keep update when I resolve this issue all.

Anyone has the same issue with me

Hugh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Again, I'm slightly obligated to update.

Finally resolved this issue.

The issue was Android System WebView app needs to update in order to go through the sign in page.

Once installed (updated), sign in is no problem.

So, summary,

Update "Android System WebView" from Play Store.

Done.