Original topic:

One UI 6.0 on Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 05:46 AM)
Membercsnyd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Most of the issues with this update have been posted by phone users. My WiFi tablet recently got the update and here are my most annoying issues. Does Samsung not test updates on all of their devices?

1. Most are complaining about larger icons. My tablet has smaller icons. On the Home screen, when shortcuts are added to the bottom app bar, the icons get smaller and crammed together in the screen's center, making it difficult to select the one you want. Space out the icons across the entire screen width.

2. Attempting to fix the icon issue, I cleared cache & data from the One UI Home app. Made no difference to icon size/spacing, however, that created a new problem. When I press the right button in the Navigation Bar, six random icons appear at the bottom. I checked Taskbar and all that is Off. These are not recent apps. How can I get rid of those annoying app icons from appearing?

3. Samsung Internet icons and screens are huge. Where a site used to fit in the window, now they do not.

4. One-line icon labels are cutting off labels--go back to wrapping.

5. Power-on takes much longer. Used to press for only a couple of seconds and tablet would start. Now must hold until logo appears, about 6+ seconds. Yeah, only seconds, but still annoying.

Anyone else having these issues with their Tab A7 Lite?

7 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

For  the Samsung Internet screen size issue, just tap three line menu in the upper right and select the Zoom icon.  From there you can resize the web page to where it was before the update. 

When adding icons to the Taskbar, the bar is dynamically resized to accept up to 14 icons whereas before it was fixed sized for up to 8.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Membercsnyd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Zoom works on individual sites, however, the Quick Access screen's icons cannot be resized.

I am not using the Taskbar. I understand the resizing on the App Bar--I only have 5 icons and they should be spaced out across the screen instead of crammed into the center. Someone else commented on this, as well.

0 Likes
Membercsnyd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Update: the random icons when pressing the right button turned out to be Recommended Apps which was turned on with the update. I never used that before so didn't notice the three dots at the top of the screen leading to Settings. It's off now.

0 Likes
Membercsnyd
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the feedback, however, Samsung support could not help because Smart Tutor would not install on my tablet. Their suggestion: take it to Best Buy...UGH!

Update: just got Smart Tutor installed, not from the Play Store, but through Settings, Remote Help. So I'll contact Support again.

0 Likes
alcstein
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My Galaxy Tab A7 is very sluggish after the update. I don't believe the update really enhanced my pleasure with my tablet. I believe it slows everything down.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Some things to try, check performance between each suggestion:

1. Make sure all of your apps are updated after the One UI update. 

2. Press and Hold Power and Vol Down until the tablet reboots

3.  Clear the System Cache (Wipe cache partition)  Instructions at the bottom of this post. 

4.Boot to Safe Mode.  If performance returns then it is one or more of your added apps causing it. 

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.          

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
sonyaluvsjesus
Constellation
Options
Tablets

My  icons are also smaller, some of my settings got changed, and the screen randomly gets brighter then goes back. I have other issues too. I had a problem with the note app, but I found a fix for that. This update really made a mess and I am NOT happy. All I can do is hope they fix it soon! I'm with the person who asked, Don't they check these updates before they install them? Grr

0 Likes