JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ongoing Fulfillment and Customer Service Issues - How can I get this to someone who can help?

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 10:27 PM)
1stTimePurchaseGirl
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have spent many hours on chat, talking on the phone and waiting on hold.  3 Days ago, I sent this to the "CEO Feedback alias" and have not received a response.

There has got to be SOMEONE at Samsung who can help solve this issue

------------------

Hello. I am a new college student and with guidance from my father, I made my first significant technology purchase.

At samsung.com, on September 3, I took advantage of EDU program and Labor Day promotions and I placed an order for a Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha, 13", 512GB, Mystic Black (Part number: NP730QDA). My order number is US06XXXXXXXX.

7 weeks have passed and a laptop has not been shipped.

The estimated delivery date has changed several times: from September 14, to September 28, to "There has been an unexpected delay, we will update the new delivery date at the earliest", to October 15, and now "There has been an unexpected delay, we will update the new delivery date at the earliest".

I have engaged eCommerce Support, both via phone and chat at least 20 times. I have been lied to, mislead, hung-up on, put on hold for many hours, 'disconnected from chat' sessions on nearly a dozen occasions. You are likely able to view the historical chat logs, review phone recordings and track phone call duration and routing between agents - I encourage you do to so, I would think that you would be shocked.

Ultimately, I suspect that in early September you oversold the Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha, 13", 512GB, Mystic Black (Part number: NP730QDA), and supply chain issues led to a situation where you simply didn't have the hardware to fulfill the orders. For several weeks in September, it was not possible to order Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha, Galaxy Book Pro 360, or Galaxy Book Pro devices on samsung.com. I suspect that is because you didn't have any in stock and didn't know when you would.

However, now you DO have hardware in-stock. Consumers CAN order the Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha, 13", 512GB, Mystic Black (Part number: NP730QDA). An estimated delivery date of October 20 is listed on samsung.com.

Yesterday, I contacted eCommerce support to inquire why, since you now have the hardware, why hadn't my order been shipped and moreover, why is there no estimated delivery date on my order?

They confirmed that the Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha, 13", 512GB, Mystic Black (Part number: NP730QDA) that I ordered was IDENTICAL to what they had in stock (same MSRP, same Processor, same display size/resolution, same amount/type of RAM, same size SSD drive, same networking components, same Product Barcode on the box). However, they mentioned a difference in the "Model Number". The device that was available when I ordered had Windows 10 Home for an Operating System (NP730QDA-KA1US), while the laptops that were now in stock have Windows 11 Home for an Operating System (NP730QDA-KA3US).

I asked if NP730QDA-KA3US could be substituted for what I ordered NP730QDA-KA1US (the hardware is IDENTICAL I am not asking for a more expensive device) - I was told NO

I asked if someone could take an in-stock device (NP730QDA-KA3US) and replace the OS (downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10), to create the NP730QDA-KA1US device that I ordered - I was told NO

I asked if I could order the NP730QDA-KA3US and have the promotions that were applied on my September 3 order applied to this order. I was told YES. The agent guided me through adding the product to the cart. The price didn't match my original order and when I asked the agent if he could provide a promo code so that the "September 3 promotions" could be applied to a new order -- the agent disconnected the chat session (putting me back into the queue).

I asked a different agent if I could order the NP730QDA-KA3US and have the promotions that were applied on my September 3 order applied to this order. She said NO
----------------------------------------------------------------------

7 weeks have passed and a laptop has not been shipped.
For part of that time, you simply didn't have hardware to ship.
I understand that and have been (somewhat) patient.
However, now you DO have hardware in-stock.
It is the EXACT hardware that I ordered.

It seems that Samsung has made a business decision to only install Windows 11 Home on the "Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha, 13", 512GB, Mystic Black (Part number: NP730QDA)" hardware rather than to install Windows 10 Home - and that is a fair decision. Based on the fact that my order does not have an estimated delivery date, it would appear that you don't have any plans to ever install Windows 10 Home on this hardware.

The appropriate, ethical solution would be to ship the in-stock laptop (NP730QDA-KA3US) to those who ordered in early September. I suspect that you have the authority to solve this issue TODAY. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Thank you for reaching out. I understand how frustrating this is. For questions or concerns regarding orders on Samsung.com, you will need to speak with the E-Commerce team, as they are the only team with the necessary resources to assist you. They may be reached by calling 1-855-726-8721. I apologize for the inconvenience! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Thank you for reaching out. I understand how frustrating this is. For questions or concerns regarding orders on Samsung.com, you will need to speak with the E-Commerce team, as they are the only team with the necessary resources to assist you. They may be reached by calling 1-855-726-8721. I apologize for the inconvenience! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes