JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

PIN won't work on Galaxy Tab A

(Topic created: 08-30-2020 11:56 AM)
userorU3fnef7Q
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, my daughter's unlock pattern stopped working.

When I tried to help her with it, I discovered that my PIN doesn't work either.  When I enter it, it says "Incorrect PIN entered."

We know for sure that we are using the correct pattern & PIN.

I have fully charged the tablet, but I can't even restart it, because I need the PIN for that.

I've already tried https://findmymobile.samsung.com/, but I don't have remote unlock enabled.

How can we access our tablet without losing all the data?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userorU3fnef7Q
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I powered down by holding the Power and Volume Buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.

Then when I turned it back on, our PIN and pattern are working.

View solution in context

5 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I am sorry to hear about this. Without the remote unlock, I can only think of a few options. When the pattern and pin locks were created, you should have been asked to set up an emergency recovery password as well, if you can remember it. You can also try booting to Safe Mode to see if it allows access. If not. you can try clearing the cache partition, which does require a restart, so i would save that for last.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userorU3fnef7Q
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I powered down by holding the Power and Volume Buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.

View solution in context

Stardust58
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

@userorU3fnef7Q I was locked out of My Galaxy Tab A. It kept telling me my pin was wrong after typing in only 3 digits instead of 4 & I had to wait 30 seconds before trying again. This happened every time. The pin was correct. I have FindMyMobile on my Tab A & tried it but for some reason, it couldn't unlock my device, (but it had the correct location), totally useless.  I found this solution, & it worked! Thank you!!!

0 Likes
userjy3m9jt6ju
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

@userorU3fnef7Q wrote:

Thanks, 

Started right up. 

Saved alot of headaches. 

0 Likes
GHBlack2021
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Man Very Happy

0 Likes