JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phantom storage A7 tablet

(Topic created: 04-06-2022 01:30 PM)
Members_LZuzhha
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Help! My A7 has become practically unusable because it’s filled to the brim and unable to update apps or system updates.

The options to manage storage are strangely inscrutable. The storage overview shows 31.5/32 gb. Of that:

Total space: 32gb
Available space: 505mb
System memory: 10.1gb
Photos and videos: 26.9mb
Games: 1.3gb
Movie and TV apps: 188mb
Other apps: 1.9gb
Files: 2.5gb

I’m no math expert, but totaling all that up gives a result a lot less than 31.5gb.

How do I find and delete this phantom storage that’s taking up all this space? How do I reduce the System Memory that’s sucking up a third of my device’s promised storage?

404E63FE-72AF-4625-8BAE-17FEFACAE515.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Have you ever thought about purchasing a Micro SD card to store your photos and videos plus music, I think it would solve the Lack of storage capacity due to media collection, Micro SD cards are not that expensive, and Samsung makes SD cards that are fully compatible with your Tablet I hope this helps https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/memory-cards/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Tablets
This is going to be an incredibly stupid question so I apologize, but it's all my burned out mind can come up with: did you check all of your trash folders? 😶 please don't kill me.
0 Likes
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Have you ever thought about purchasing a Micro SD card to store your photos and videos plus music, I think it would solve the Lack of storage capacity due to media collection, Micro SD cards are not that expensive, and Samsung makes SD cards that are fully compatible with your Tablet I hope this helps https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/memory-cards/
0 Likes