Original topic:

Play Pause Troubles

(Topic created: 05-11-2021 08:56 AM)
usercFXWUshqK3
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I own a Galaxy S10+ and recently added a Galaxy Tab S7+. I have not had this issue until about a week ago. I have searched online, but not found other reports of this happening.

On both devices, using play/pause controls has become very inconsistent. The worst offender is YouTube, but other video and audio media apps also suffer.

I can still use the touch-screen play/pause controls; the problem is with other controls. For example, my Bluetooth headset attached to the Tab no longer works. The in-line play/pause/volume on my wired Samsung headphones on my S10+ no longer work. One Handed Operation swipe for play/pause no longer works (all of my other one-handed swipes work).

Occasionally, the controls will briefly work, and then go back to not working.

Since it is across devices and across apps, I am assuming it must be an Android issue. Are others experiencing this problem?

0 Likes
9 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Can you tell me what music player you are using? Have you tried different music apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usercFXWUshqK3
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It is with every media app I use: Amazon Prime Music, YouTube Music, DoubleTwist, Hulu, Netflix, MediaMonkey, Disney+, Libby. However, the worst offender where it most consistently does not work is YouTube video app.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Let's try booting to Safe Mode. This will disable the downloaded apps until the device is restarted again, and may affect some of your home screen settings. You will not lose any data.

Press the Power button until the Power Options menu appears.

Tap and hold Power Off until the Safe Mode option appears.

Tap Safe Mode, and the tablet will start in Safe Mode.

Once you have done this, run the You Tube app to see if you still experience the control issue. To exit Safe Mode, restart the tablet normally.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usercFXWUshqK3
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Okay, I did this process on both my phone and tablet. In Safe Mode, I booted up YouTube and plugged in headphones and used Bluetooth headsets. The in-line controls worked for the play/pause function. I could not try One-Handed Operation since it is not accessible in Safe Mode.

Then, I rebooted into normal mode and tried the same headphones and Bluetooth headsets, and again, in YouTube, the controls did not work.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

This indicates that one of the media apps you have loaded is not releasing control back to the other apps. I recommend uninstalling those apps, then reinstalling one at a time to see which one is causing this to happen.

usercFXWUshqK3
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

It will take me a while to test every app. I uninstalled all media apps (Netflix will only let me disable, so I disabled it). The play / pause function worked on YouTube. I then re-enabled Netflix, and the play / pause no longer works.

I then disabled Netflix again, and play / pause still does not work, so it still seems to be illusively inconsistent.

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Next step is to reset the Cache partition.

Press and hold the Power button and Volume Down for several seconds and then, choose the Power off key.
When the screen goes dark push Volume Up and Power keys together for a short while.
Release all held buttons when you see the Recovery Mode on the screen.
Then select Wipe cache partition. Use Volume Up to navigate and the Power button to accept it.
After that choose Yes and press the Power key to confirm that operation.
At the end, select Reboot system now with the Power key.

usercFXWUshqK3
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have tried your instructions for entering Recovery Mode multiple times now, and it does not work. I have seen this method on YouTube and other articles, so I believe it is correct, but it is not working for me.

When I press and hold the power and volume up keys together, the tablet boots as normal. It does not go to the Recovery Mode screen.

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Please call in to 800-726-7864, and ask the agent to remote connect to your device for additional troubleshooting.