Original topic:

Problems with OneUI 3.0 so far

(Topic created on: 3/31/21 1:43 PM)
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I'm a working artist who uses the S6 tab as a primary tool.

There are lot of things with this update that are downgrades compared with OneUI 2.5, which was actually quite lovely.

I'll start with the photo editor - v2.8 was good. The app now automatically trashes your original as default and no longer saves as a copy unless you tell it to - Every. Single. Time. This is a BIG workflow downgrade. Advanced Features that were in v2.8 are GONE. Poof. Samsung says no one was using it, but a lot of folks were. I certainly was. Also, the HUE button has been removed and replaced with a TONE button that does... yeah, there's a slight color shift, but does it actually DO anything?

On to the Gallery.. You can no longer change the file name of a photo within the editor or the gallery. Seriously?!? I'm currently going to the file manager to accomplish the same task. Again, a huge workflow downgrade. It also has rearranged my files and trashed a lot of my sorting and display settings, so this is another workflow downgrade and waste of my time.

Dex - I have a factory keyboard case made by Samsung that goes with my S6. The international/language button no longer works and my key mapping is screwed up. It was working fine in OneUI 2.5, the only change being this update.

Also, the new interface isn't nearly as pleasing to the eye. I might be able to overlook this if functionality was improved, but as it is its a constant reminder that this is actually a downgrade. 

This update is terrible and it seems I'm finding new problems every three or four days, and it was bad enough to prompt me to install this Members app and say so. I'm still considering backing up my files and doing a factory reset to get OneUI2.5 back.

I'm not at all happy with this update, Samsung.

For what I use my tablet for... It. Is. Awful.
4 Replies
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Suggested fixes, if anyone at Samsung is reading:

Reinstate the ability to rename a file in the Gallery. This is SO basic I am still stupefied that it was even removed.

Make "save as copy" in photo editor default again, or at least make this a configurable option in the settings rather than having me manually do it. Every. Single. Time. This is a HUGE workflow issue.

Return the "Hue" button in the photo editor. The "tone" button currently there is really quite useless.

I'm sure you're not going to do it but I'm still going to suggest putting the advanced options back in the photo editor. Having access to the color curves straight from the Gallery was nice.

Y'all should fix the physical keyboard mapping while you're at it.

As an artist I'm not really interested in the lightweight AI snapshot gimmicks. I don't like AI messing with the images I create and I certainly don't like having my drafts trashed as a default.

I picked the S6 for the computational grunt, expandable storage, responsive stylus and gorgeous screen and the fact that it's not Apple, who have a bad habit of saving everything in a proprietary format as part of a database.

This latest update really is quite bad. Please just own up to it and fix it before I start looking for other solutions.
Dan2025
Halo
Options
Tablets
HEY BROTHER GET PICK UP IPAD IPAD AIR IPAD PRO AND ULL BE VERY HAPPY :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: WITH IT TRY GET 128 GIGS OR 512GB IPAD PRO
0 Likes
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
...this after I've already stated specific reasons why I DON'T have an iPad.

I'm on a Samsung forum complaining about a flubbed update that's impacting my workflow in the hope that saying something will have an impact. Samsung's tablet hardware is still excellent and I'm not about to jump ship because some software engineers didn't do their market research.
wolfproctor
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Update: Samsung pushed an update to OneUI 3.1, and NOTHING was fixed.

Unfortunately I'm not able to do a factory reset as I'll lose work data in the process.

Hey Samsung, do y'all actually READ any of this or is this like pushing a broken button at a crosswalk?
0 Likes