Original topic:

Question: Tab s8 4.1.1 update

(Topic created: 08-12-2022 09:39 AM)
DinnerÇH
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Does anyone know if the Tab s8 series can be upgraded to one UI 4.1.1 or directly to one UI 5. Thanks a lot!

8 Replies
Jacobbbb
Nebula
Options
Tablets
I'd say just wait for now. The first beta build is only out for the s22 phones.
0 Likes
DinnerÇH
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
OK,thanks for your reply. I can't wait to use the new Android 12.1 features that will dramatically increase productivity! The endless wait is long.
Options
Tablets
We really need the One UI 5 beta for the Tab S8 series, you know! I am a big fan of beta testing!
(App Languages are one of the key features for tablets, particularly in the Americas.)
Jacobbbb
Nebula
Options
Tablets

Same, lol. Can't wait for it to release entirely as well!

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Hi there.

While there is no official information available for this, I have an idea of what to expect.

I believe that the Tab S8 line will be receiving the Android 12L/OneUI 4.1.1 update before receiving any kind of Android 13/OneUI 5 update.

Android 12L is built for foldables and tablets in mind.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Rydah,  do you know if 4.1.1 includes the Samsung Keyboard physical keyboard autocorrect. That they mentioned for 5.0?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Hey Bill-E. I didn't look for this feature specifically but I do recall seeing it while looking through the Fold 4 this past weekend. It was running Android 12L / OneUI 4.1.1

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
DinnerÇH
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you, I will look forward to it.
0 Likes