Original topic:

Question about S Pens

(Topic created: 11-29-2023 10:09 PM)
cummingsjk
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
So I bought my son a Tab S9 FE to replace a very broken and out of warranty Tab A8. S9 FE comes with an S Pen like the rest of the S9 series, but he really doesn't have a need for it and will more than likely just lose it somewhere. I like the color of it and would like to use it with my Tab S8 Ultra, however while it seems to work perfectly fine with my S8U, I keep getting notified that it's disconnected despite it still working. When I go into settings it tries to connect but always just says it failed. 

Is the S Pen for the S9 FE inherently different/incompatible somehow, or am I just doing something wrong?
3 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Suggestion: Go to the Shop Samsung app, find a replacement S Pen for each device, if the model numbers are different, than, most likely, they're not cross compatible.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Some questions first.
Is the T8SU s-pen still connected?
Did you toggle on the setting to use multiple s-pens?
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
MayorMcCheese
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem. I have an S8+ Tab that I bought a new Samsung s-pen for that said it was compatible for my S8+ but it will not connect. I do have it turned on to work with multiple S-pens but it made no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Stay safe and God Bless everyone.

0 Likes