Original topic:

Question on how Set up new S8 Plus tablet to mimic my Galaxy S22 phone (without the calls)

(Topic created: 11-18-2022 12:56 PM)
userxbPzOEFoQO
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi.

I have a Galaxy s22 phone that I love (4 of us in my house have it).

I just bought a Tab S8 Plus tablet - I know it is wifi only, and I do NOT plan on using it for actual phone calls.

As I have occasional issues with my eyes (allergies, etc) I sometimes find the phone screen very small for writing emails, reading articles, typing notes, lists.

I want to be able to use Smart Switch and copy everything and then keep it in sync (automatically?) going forward.  Will text messages appear on both the phone and S8+ simultaneously ?

Is there a way to set this up? 

The S8+ is large, so I do not plan on carrying it around and using it instead of my phone, but using it when home on wifi for some functions would be ideal. 

Is there any page in the manual ( the pdf is 169 pages) I should be looking at, another "how-to" blog page somewhere?  a PDF that describes how to set this up specifically??

Thank you

0 Likes
3 Replies
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Tablets
While you wait for some input, YouTube is a great place to start.
hidronico
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I use Google voice... Look for the app in the playstore first download it to your phone and set it up google will give you a free phone number local to your area I've been using mine for over a decade now I don't even give out my real phone number anymore now once it's set up on your phone download it into the tablet log in with your same google account and you will have calls texts and voicemail to that number on your tablet and phone. They also have a website you can navigate to on your laptop for the same functionality on your computer voice.google.com
0 Likes
userxbPzOEFoQO
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Thanks. I do this too. But it is too complicated for my elderly dad
0 Likes