Original topic:

Remembering app passwords from Chrome

(Topic created: 07-19-2020 03:59 PM)
Alveoli
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi everyone

I'm new to Samsung Tab and am very pleased with the device I bought last week. I'm struggling with one thing though.

On my Android phone (non-Samsung) I'm able to save native app passwords (like Airbnb app, Tripadvisor app etc) onto Android and when I open the Sign-In screen for these, Android offers to sign in using the remembered password. As I understand this is through Chrome's password management.

It is not doing this on my Tab.  It does however, pop up with Samsung Pass, but I don't want that as I already have lots of passwords remembered in Android.

How do I get this to work?

3 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Go to Settings and serch for "Autofill service" and click on it.

You will find Autofill Service in the menu and click again

You will see that Samsung Pass is listed as the autofill.  Press that to open up a selection menu.

Click on Google.

Done, enjoy.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)

View solution in context

Alveoli
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Works a charm! Thank you!

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

You're welcome, I wish they were all this easy 😉

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes