JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S5e tab Connection to WiFi failed after 4 or 5 months

(Topic created: 08-14-2020 02:00 PM)
userLIdC76UG3N
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Received Galaxy tab S5e on Feb. 20, 2020 and connected to internet without an issue.  By about June, the connection was intermittant and by Aug., the connection totally failed.  I know the issue is not my router since I have an older LG tablet which connects without a problem.  Tried a number of "fixes" posted on the internet without success, except by holding tablet in portrait mode, which is not the preferred viewing mode for a tablet.  When I changed to landscape mode, the connection eventually failed.  Please note: from Feb. 20, 2020 to about June 2020 I could view programs and my data by WiFi with the tablet in landscape mode.   Is there a fix for this issue?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userLIdC76UG3N
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Re: s5e tab connection to wifi failed....

Soln.: In addition to actions taken and stated in my previous reply,  I added a wifi extender to my local network and I no longer need to rotate my Samsung tablet from portrait to landscape mode. 

However, the evidence suggests the wifi "receiver" in the tablet is failing. Recall, I had no problem with a 4-yr. old LG tablet. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Tablets

@userLIdC76UG3N 

Have you tried some troubleshooting here?

If one of these steps above help, let us know here and select this post as the solution.

--

"Think globally, act locally."

Give me a like ❤️ to let me know your appreciation for this post. 
Please click :white_heavy_check_mark: "Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or is the best answer. 
(In the mobile app click the 3 dots to see that option.)

0 Likes
userLIdC76UG3N
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks John!
I had tried a number of your recommended troubleshooting techniques without success.  I was, however, intrigued by a "solution" proposed by Samsung_oyMMC3t, Astronaught, who reported the same issue on Aug. 6th.  He had a link to "Solved - Go to Solution."  When I clicked on the link, I got a "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested" message.  I found the member's solution after a Google search.  When I logged on to my Samsung Community account to locate Samsung_oyMMC3t's post, I could not find it.  (Maybe as a newbie I didn't know how to navigate the Community posts.).  I did speak with an expert @ Samsung chat, but he was ignorant of the issue and provided little help.

I did find a workable, however, not elequent solution.  I turn the tablet to portrait mode and connect to the internet.  I then do my viewing in landscape mode.  But if I'm downloading a large file or multiple Google updates, I keep the tablet in portrait mode.  If I'm watching YouTube, I'll occassionally switch back to portait mode to "refresh" the connection.

Once again, thank you for your help!

Dave

0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Tablets

@userLIdC76UG3N 

This reply help you out or solve your issue?

Let us know by accepting it as the solution. This lets others find that solution easily as well and is really appreciated.

1. Login to the Samsung Members app or site
  2.  Open the thread you posted.
  3. Click or tap "Accept as a solution"

To accept a post as a solution:

• On the web you can click "Accept as solution".
  • In the Samsung Members app find the post that helped, and tap the three vertical dots next to it, then tap "Accept as solution".

Your issue not resolved? Reply back with more info or the troubleshooting you've done so we can better assist.

Note: Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
0 Likes
Solution
userLIdC76UG3N
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Re: s5e tab connection to wifi failed....

Soln.: In addition to actions taken and stated in my previous reply,  I added a wifi extender to my local network and I no longer need to rotate my Samsung tablet from portrait to landscape mode. 

However, the evidence suggests the wifi "receiver" in the tablet is failing. Recall, I had no problem with a 4-yr. old LG tablet. 

View solution in context

0 Likes