Original topic:

S6 Lite Lags in the Homescreen

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 12:18 PM)
userwMzRCOVCOq
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I've been using my tab S6 Lite for a few months now. It is a great tablet. Previously, I found it to be a bit laggy and posted about it here. The problem didn't arise until now. The tab seems to lag in the homescreen and while showing transition effects going to the recents menu. Does anyone have a fix for this?

6 Replies
Polar_Cats
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have one and it doesn't happen to me try contacting customer service.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

We would be happy to assist because I bet that's frustrating.  Has the tablet been updated recently?  We do suggest a reset after an update if you've had one.  Are you using any custom launchers on the device?  Could you provide the full model of the tablet?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userwMzRCOVCOq
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Yes, the tab was recently updated. But is there any other way than to reset the device? I've spent a lot of time changing the settings of my tab and all that. I don't want to do it again. Are all my settings safely backed up in Samsung cloud?

And I don't use custom launchers.

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

A soft reset shouldn't change your settings. Just turn the device all the way off and turn it back on. This is just best practice for after updating a device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwMzRCOVCOq
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Well, if you're talking about soft reset, I've already done that before several times and the tab's home UI works smoothly after that. But only for a few hours or so. It again starts lagging afterwards and I have to restart it again.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Please clear the Cache Partition using the following steps.

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power button.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
6) Press the Power key to restart the device.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes