Original topic:

S6 Lite reads email whenever S pen is used

(Topic created: 09-22-2021 10:47 PM)
gaphtape
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
HI all, I've seen similar posts on this before and tried all of the suggestions I've seen but this problem persists.
It started in the last few days I believe. 
Now, when I use the S pen, the voice starts to read the email...over and over again. I have TalkBack off but can cofirm the voice speed changes with the TalkBack settings. The voice even continues to read when I lock the device with the button on the side. 

Please help me. I'm switching from the iOSphere, gave up my iPhone, iPad, and MBPro. I really want to stick it out with Android, but bugs like this are making it hard to not want the Apple Pen back.
0 Likes
5 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets
At which point when you use the pen the tablet starts reading emails? Is it when you first touch the table with the pen?
0 Likes
gaphtape
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Hi and thanks. I've not been able to find a wholely consistent pattern, however - WIhen composing an email it would read from the header info if the pen touched the screen. If I touch the ceen mid-read, it would start to read again from the top (frustrating on a long email, but I just turned down the sound:).
Interestingly, when writing this reply, it did not try to read but instead allowed S pen to text.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Check the spen translate options
0 Likes
gaphtape
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
thanks, they don't see to make any change to the situation.
It only seems to read when composing an email.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Try to look up talkback settings, its in one of those. And unselect email or turn it off. Make sure you are not clicking and holding the spen button as well... good luck
0 Likes