Original topic:

S6 physical keyboard cover not working

(Topic created: 06-02-2022 09:09 AM)
MalcolmSu
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I use my keyboard almost daily but since yesterday, possibly after a software update, it has stopped working.  Mostly the keyboard is physically attached.

If I remove and reattach the tablet recognises the keyboard is present but when I tap any of the keys nothing happens. I've tried all key combinations. I've tried safe mode. No joy. The keyboard is less than 2 years old.  Help!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Roxanne55
Nebula
Options
Tablets
In android tablet years it's time to upgrade your device.
0 Likes
MalcolmSu
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

What a ludicrous response! You've obviously no concern for our planet.

To anyone else reading this with some common sense, how do I narrow this problem down? Is it software or hardware? Tablet or keyboard? TIA

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Three things to try.

Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports

Next try clearing the system cache.

- If your device is powered on, turn it off completely

- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power key

- Once the logo shows, release both keys and wait until the device enters the recovery mode.

- Using the Volume Down key, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then press the Power key to select it.

- Highlight Yes, and press the Power key again.

- Navigate to Reboot and press the Power key to reboot your device.

And lastly if you're up for it, make sure the tablet is backed up and perform a Factory reset.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
MalcolmSu
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

So I've now tried all three suggestions and also had the opportunity to try someone else's keyboard that I know to be working. I still cannot get the keys to type when connected to the S6.  I guess though that this narrows the fault down to the S6 tablet itself?  I've tried to find someone who may consider looking at it to attempt a repair without success.

I'm loath to replace the tablet as every other aspect about it works perfectly and it's not even 24 months old.

When I connect the keyboard it's obvious that the tablet knows it is there and if I check in settings I can configure the keyboard.  But pressing any key (on both keyboards) has no effect. Taking it back to Factory Reset should have removed anything else that might be stopping it?  Any other suggestions?

Does anyone know specifically what each of the four connectors do?  I also use this to charge the tablet in my dock and this works ok... 

Malcolm

0 Likes