cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyberneil
Asteroid

S6 tablet updated and Fingerprint scanner does not setup or work

This is going to be the most stupidest thing ever I do an update in and told to delete my old fingerprints that were working just fine and now during set up it will not go past 41% just always keeps telling me the same thing about make sure I'm covering up the sensor make sure your finger covers the entire sensor is all ever says I expect us to be soon... or I'm just going to return all my Samsung devices because this is this something Apple does not have a problem with

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung_2s3Qx28
Astronaut

Re: S6 tablet updated and Fingerprint scanner does not setup or work

Same issue I have 2 tab s6's and both are doing the same exact thing (41%)

Mayham
Asteroid

Same here looks like it's a known issue. So Samsung when can we expect to see a fix?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you guys using a screen protector on the tablet and is it up to date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Mayham
Asteroid

Screen Protector or not It does not work

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Illuminati_Tri
Asteroid

Same issue

Cyberneil
Asteroid

Ok guys.. 

I just tried this..and got thru the setup..

I would keep my finger down on the  sensor until it would tell me to lift up and 

It did repeat saying the same %..  and when it does ..keep holding your fingerprint down.. it seems to be a processing issue of it.. as mentioned before.. just hold your finger down as long as you can ..until told to do some thing else..

Doing this  didn't error out when I kept my finger down till it told me to lift up.. and if it pops up saying cover your finger notice . keep it held down.. and wait till it shows the percentage again,..And keep holding longer when the percentage shows for a few seconds longer

It will work to unlock right now also but well see if it lasts... i added two thumbs..

I'll be back to update when I know.. and also I did this with a glass screen protector on.. the same one that's been on since day one when the update messed everything up anyway..so it's not the screen protector 

Btw ..I just did another update today on 01.02.2020 for this S6 Tablet.. and the update did not fix this issue..I just rammed thru it as mentioned above..