Original topic:

S8 Ultra battery percentage not showing 85%=100%

(Topic created: 04-25-2022 11:06 PM)
villanur101
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Just got an S8 Ultra. Love it. But . . .

My S7+ (upgraded to Android 12) allows for showing the battery percentage at 100% when it's really at 85% with "Protect Battery" on. My S8 Ultra doesn't have that option. However . . .

When I first went to "Battery and device care" it did show the 85%/100% option - it said to power off/on after choosing it to enable it.

I did. It didn't happen. And that 'show 85% as 100%' sentence doesn't even show up anymore (after that first time).

S8 Ultra.jpg

 Still shows on my S7+, though.

S7+.jpg

 What gives? Not the end of the world, but I liked seeing my battery percentage go all the way to 100 even when knowing it was really at 85. Did I do something wrong in that initial setup? Do I need to reset something in settings? If so, how?

Hope someone has an answer.

Thanks.

Addendum-

This is to thank bill-e for his reply/solution. So thanks, Bill. That's what I was afraid of. Maybe they'll return it in a future upgrade.

I'm new to this community and I could not for the life of me figure out how to like or reply to your post. I tried to. It is only when I am not logged in that I can even view the replies. Apparently I need to be logged in to like/reply/post as solution, but when I am logged in the "Reply widget" just won't show so I can't do any of that.

I must not be doing something right, but I can't figure out what.

3 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Beginning with the S21 (which is when i came back to Samsung) the battery status does not recalibrate to 100%. That's just the way it is.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
RedOregon
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Different phones, different options 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
Ted1735
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Fixed my issue I couldn't find this setting! I also liked it on my tab S7+