Original topic:

S8 Ultra tablet WiFi connection dropping

(Topic created: 10-24-2022 09:21 PM)
JHall
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

Could anyone possibly help out? I have an s8 ultra tablet and my wifi in home keeps dropping. I have multiple devices from phones to TV's, video game consoles.. smart home displays.. door lock, thermostat etc. 

Nothing else seems to be having issues other than this device. I've reached out to my internet provider and they can't seem to locate an issue. I've done everything from resetting network settings to factory reset and no good. 

My internet provider suggest reach out to Samsung. Samsung suggests reach out to internet provider. 

Does anyone have a potential solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance. 

25 Replies
Options
Tablets
Go to Settings->Connections->Long Press on WiFi->3 Dot Menu->Advanced->Toggle off Switch to mobile Data

This worked for someone else. Hope it helps.
JHall
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you but that option isn't available as this is a wifi only device.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Have you tried "forgetting" the network, then reconnecting?
JHall
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you.. and yes I have done that countless time.
0 Likes
JHall
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Also most times when I long press on wifi icon in quick panel, it connects again. This is beyond frustrating.
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
So sorry. Hopefully someone else has a solution for ya. Good luck.
JHall
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Appreciate it. Has to be something with this tablet esp since no issues with anything else.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

A couple of things to try.  Are you using the Asus WiFi 6 router?  it seems to have issues with the latest Samsung devices.  Actually most WiFi 6 routers set up in mesh have issues with Samsung. 

Here's a couple of things tp try:

Reboot the router

Settings->General management->Reset->Reset Network Connections

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
JHall
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you. I've tried the reset network settings a few times. No good. Also factory reset. I have a modem/router from Xfinity. It's capable of WiFi 6 and 6e. That may be part of the issue.
0 Likes