Original topic:

S8+

(Topic created: 04-06-2024 12:11 PM)
userG85gq7zFAl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Tablet has not had an update in 2 years. I check it all the time and it refuses to register. Last Samsung product I will ever buy.
13 Replies
Options
Tablets
You should probably check website for tech specifications and recent updates. Even checking for updates within the store you purchased it...
0 Likes
userG85gq7zFAl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I bought it directly from Samsung's website. Samsung told me to take it to I break you fix or You Break I Fix or something. I am an old cripple and shouldn't really have to do this should I?
0 Likes
userG85gq7zFAl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I can find it on sammobile but nothing on Samsung site. It is strange. No more Samsung for me. I am two years behind on security updates. I trusted this outfit.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@userG85gq7zFAl Do you have the Wifi or LTE version of the Tab S8+? 

0 Likes
userG85gq7zFAl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Wifi .
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try using Smart Switch

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin/

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your computer.

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen.

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device .

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
userG85gq7zFAl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
My tablet came with usbc/usbc but my laptop has no usbc. Will a usbc/usba work?
0 Likes
userG85gq7zFAl
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Okay I have been studying Smart Switch. If I'm following what it does is forces the tablet to update in order to make smart switch work correctly? But since I'm really not switching tablets or transferring any data to any tablets I'm really just going to be running Smart Switch to force an update?
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
correct. when connected it will look for an update I believe.
.I've never had to use it for that
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes