Original topic:

S9 FE plus tab’s physical keyboard intermittently works

(Topic created: 12-02-2023 06:00 AM)
Vinceonel20
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hello,

I just bought a Samsung S9 FE+ two days ago, but I’m experiencing this keyboard issue now.

Whenever I use the freebie physical keyboard, it initially works fine then suddenly it no longer types. Then I would need to remove the tab from the magnetic port of the keyboard then reconnect it for it to work again - then probably a few min after it stops working again. In short, it happens quite frequently while I’m using the tab. It does this regardless of the app or program I’m typing in - be it Google search bar, Samsung notes, etc.

Btw, I already tried the following actions:

1/ Wiped clean the magnetic port

2/ Turned off the ‘Show on-screen keyboard’ from the General management settings

3/ Restarted the device

4/ Reset the keyboard

5/ Cleared keyboard cache/ erased personal predictions

6/ Factory data reset

Everything failed and the problem still persists. Do you think this is only a keyboard issue or the problem is the tab itself?

Thank you in advance! 

3 Replies
PACritic
Comet
Options
Tablets
Did you remove the clear plastic from the device edge. May be enough to cause intermittent connectivity.
alex81
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Hi.

I wasn't sure what was causing the Issue for me, but after much research, the above solution of removing both the plastic from the keyboard itself and your tablet has solved the problem for me.

Many thanks 👍🏻

0 Likes
mickeymiks
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue with my freebie physical keyboard.

Did this issue been solved? If yes, can you teach me how to fix this problem.? Thank you.

0 Likes