JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 plus DEX mode scaling issue

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 10:26 AM)
userXTsWeqd4nk
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Not sure if this was already reported, when i am using the DeX mode, the top grey window bar that has the minimize / split / pop up / exit buttons on the right, most of the times it hides some area from the app that is open. For example when in ember app, it will hide some of the top of the app, so that you cannot see the options icon. In order to see the order i have to reduce the size of the app. The same issue sometimes happens in YouTube app. It will hide the area where one can turn on the subs. Attached photos addressing the issue. I suppose it is because some apps are not tablet compatible? If that is the case then Samsung should come up with a solution to properly scale these "non compatible" apps.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Report that to the App developer. Format optimization for tablet use is a developer responsibility. Samsung trys to mitigate this in Labs but they can ony do so much. The app needs to change.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Report that to the App developer. Format optimization for tablet use is a developer responsibility. Samsung trys to mitigate this in Labs but they can ony do so much. The app needs to change.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
userXTsWeqd4nk
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Sometimes it happens in other apps such as YouTube. The top bar will hide the video options where the CC (subtitles) are. So there is something Samsung should look into too.
0 Likes