cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estrellamerino
Constellation

Re: SM-T280 Wifi Connectivity Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much for your answer. After trying everything, the problem got solved changing a few paremeters at Unifi Wifi Controller, namely:

- disable Connectivity Monitor and Wireless Uplink 

- set the AP is set on fixed channels

- run the lastest stable upgrade of both AP and Controller

All this together with what you recommend at the link, seem to have solved the problem so far.

Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome. let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Stevenscott8130
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues where can I find the settings to fix my connectivity issues with my WiFi 

Stevenscott8130
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where can I find these settings and fix them my WiFi connectivity is having issues 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you also using the SM-T280?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Stevenscott8130
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes that is the one I am using. Sometimes I'll be on my home network it will be on for 5 minutes and shut completely off to reconnect all the time the fact I'm on it right now

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has the tablet been updated recently by any chance?

Gussy2016
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having WiFi issues with a Tab A as well but so far it has never worked well.

I bought a silver Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" on Black Friday at Best Buy. The WiFi speeds were HORRIBLE. I'm talking 13.41 Mbps max and as low as 1.61 Mbps. My other devices include:

1. Galaxy S7 Edge
  2. ASUS Q552 (2015/2016)
  3. LG G3 (over 27 months old)
  4. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 (bought May 2015)

All of the devices in that list connect wirelessly between 120-230 Mbps (S7 Edge takes the crown; phone fricken rocks). I did a full factory reset on my Arris DOCSIS 3.0 AND two factory resets on my Tab A. Still could not break 20 Mbps. I returned it and grabbed the same model in black. I know there is no logical reason that color would have anything to do with it but weirder things can happen in tech. So the black model fared better than the silver but it still sucks; maxing out at around 37 Mbps. This is a completely usable connection speed BUT when my "ancient" G3 and Tab 4 are connecting at over 100 Mbps, those speeds are unacceptable.

Has anyone else recently purchased the 7" Tab A and found the connection to be terrible? This is so frustrating because I LOVE the 7" form factor in a tablet but no one makes a premium Android tablet in that size. My Tab 4 7.0 connects at a decent speed the software completely lags to the point of being nearly unusable at times. I've had to strip it down to uber bare bones Google apps only. Can't even browse the web without it hanging up. This is why I was in the market for a replacement.

At this point I'd be willing to spend "real" money one a tablet (and I really don't consider myself a table person) just to avoid the frustration (The Tab A silver was on sale for $89.99 and the black for $99.99). It is now Sunday. I am more than likely going to return the black Tab A tomorrow and just do some more research.

userk0XBifL2iE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy Tab A with S Pen that has recently lost the ability to connect to my wifi router at work. The tablet works great on all other routers and can easily connect to my hotspot (Galaxy S7). On the tablet, it shows that it is connected with signal strength "strong" but there is no throughput on apps or on a web browser. If I switch to my phone's hotspot it works fine. This occurred when I first got the tablet months ago and I returned that tablet to exchange it for another. Now it's occurring again. No one else in our office is having this issue (mostly Apple users) and this is completely crippling my use of the device. Note that we're way past the 30 day return period. I've deleted the Wifi network (forget) and added it back as well as deleted the cache partition on the device and it was able to download a few web pages very slowly but when I ran the Speedtest app it was unable to find a network.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there userk0XBifL2iE, sadly this is a network issue with your workplace network. It could be a number of things within the network but to get down to the basics only the Service Provider for that network will be able to make it so that it works. I am very sorry for the inconveniences caused. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.