JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SM-T500 freezing up

(Topic created: 05-23-2023 01:43 PM)
OldLadyWho
Constellation
Options
Tablets
My tablet froze up for the first time yesterday and did it again today. I was using Brave both times, a browser I have used for years. Pressing the power and volume buttons allowed me to restart, but I would like to know why it is suddenly freezing up. The screen quality is now diminished at the lower right side where it was solid black. It is now slightly washed out and you can see grey lines. It is working its way up the right side.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Apps don't have to be "up/open" to adversely affect the tablet.  Try what I posted above.  If that doesn't resolve either issue then the next step is a Factory Reset.  If that doesn't work then the tablet needs to go in for service. 

From what you described the freezing is likely caused by an app and Safe Mode should expose that.  

I don't know what you're using to post on here but when you create a post, there's an icon of either a camera or a a screen with an image on it.  Clicking on that will allow you to attach a picture. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

3 Replies
bill-e
Options
Tablets

boot to Safe Mode and see if the problem persists.  You won't be able to use Brave but you'll be able to browse with the installed browsers and see of the screen still looks bad. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
OldLadyWho
Constellation
Options
Tablets
More concerned with freezing than screen. Fading issue occurs when no app is up. It isn't the browser, it's the screen. Is there a way to post a picture here? I'm new, obviously!
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Apps don't have to be "up/open" to adversely affect the tablet.  Try what I posted above.  If that doesn't resolve either issue then the next step is a Factory Reset.  If that doesn't work then the tablet needs to go in for service. 

From what you described the freezing is likely caused by an app and Safe Mode should expose that.  

I don't know what you're using to post on here but when you create a post, there's an icon of either a camera or a a screen with an image on it.  Clicking on that will allow you to attach a picture. 

Bill
---