cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Danathar
Astronaut

SM-T510 (Tab A 10.1) Kids mode installed but missing from all apps (but can open from Galaxy store)

This seems like a bug but I have no idea how to solve it.

I bought two identical Galaxy Tab A 10.1 SM-T510 tablets.

I installed Kids Home from the Galaxy store using the Kids Home installer that is provided in the store.

On the first tablet it installed fine, with no problem. The Icon to launch it is provided when you swipe up from the bottom of the home screen to reveal all of the installed apps. 

On the second tablet, it installed but the launch icon for Kids Home is not there on the home screen with all the installed apps! The ONLY way to launch kids home is to launch the Galaxy store, and hit the open button from the store's page for the Kids Home installer (STRANGE!). 

I'd rather not have to factory reset the second tablet and start from scratch, but if somebody has a way of solving this without going this route I would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tried the live chat with remote assistance with Samsung support, but the tech said that Kids Home is only fully designed for specific Kids designed Samsung Tablet and not the Tab A (which to me tells me the tech had no answer and was just trying to get out of a difficult problem they couldn't solve!)

The problem with the icon being missing is that every time you exit Kids Home after putting in your pin requires you to open the Kids Home app from the installer page for Kids Home installer instead of via the Icon which should be availale. 

thanks ahead of time to anybody who has suggestions or solution!

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SM-T510 (Tab A 10.1) Kids mode installed but missing from all apps (but can open from Galaxy ...

Hey! We would recommend a factory reset on the device. We would first recommend backing up any data stored on the device, and the steps below will help: 

1. Back up data on the internal memory.
  2. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Scroll to 'Personal,' then tap Backup and reset.
  5. If desired, tap Back up my data to move the slider to ON or OFF.
  6. If desired, tap Restore to move the slider to ON or OFF.
  7. Tap Factory data reset.
  8. Tap Reset device.
  9. If you have screen lock turned on, enter your PIN or password.
  10. Tap Continue.
  11. Tap Delete all

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.