cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

SM-T805W screen issues.

Tablet seems to function completely normally, touch is responisive, buttons work, audio works.
Except there's nothing being displayed, screen stays black.
I've tried draining the battery completely.
Area around the flash appears to get hot when the screen would be on, i don't remember if that was normal.
What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SM-T805W screen issues.

Have you tried charging it for an hour or holding down the Power+Volume Down until the device reboots?

Do you get any charging indication on the screen?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, it's been left to charge a few times, for varying lengths of time.
I just tried the power+volume down again. I can hear the startup jingle. But it's still not working.
It might be valuable to add, it turns on just fine, the backlights for the menu and back buttons light up when i touch the screen, as well as sounds when i touch. I could probably launch youtube and listen to videos if i could remember where the icon was on the homescreen. There's just no visuals.

EDIT: I just tried plugging it in, there's no visible light that tells me it's charging, but I do hear it chime when i connect the cord.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Just a thought, remove any sdcard.

And power button Vol up to see if you can get to the recovery screen.

Highlighted
Constellation

There's been no SD or SIM card in it for months. I just tried pwr + vl up but nothing appeared to happen.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Had no idea, I assumed they would have all been built more or less the same.
Thanks