JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SM-T813 Microphone

(Topic created: 04-26-2020 02:51 PM)
lbeck
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T813 with Android Version 7.0.  Does it have a microphone?  I've been using mic to dictate using my Samsung smart phone and trying to use it to dictate on my tablet.  The online user guide shows that I should have a mic and shows a microphone icon in the discussions.  I don't have the icon.  I searched support and it instructs me to go into safe mode.  No help that I can find.  Mining deeper into support help I'm instructed to delete all apps and reset the machine to factory settings.  I can and will do that if I can confirm that it does indeed have the hardware to support.

In short - I don't want to go to the trouble of deleting all my apps and reinstall them if there isn't even a microphone on my device.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mkkim
Comet
Options
Tablets

Hello@lbeck Unfortunately, your device is not support to microphone.(WI-FI Version)
Microphone function is available in support Carrier device.

Hope this was helpful!

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
mkkim
Comet
Options
Tablets

Hello@lbeck Unfortunately, your device is not support to microphone.(WI-FI Version)
Microphone function is available in support Carrier device.

Hope this was helpful!

View solution in context

0 Likes
lbeck
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks.   Disappointed but not nearly as upset than if I reset my device to factory settings to find out.  Is there any way to transform my device to a "carrier device"?  Or is the hardware incompatible with some sort of upgrade.

Thanks for your expert help.

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Unfortunately, there is not. Carrier and non carrier devices have different hardware.

0 Likes