JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Care+ plan for tablet

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 04:24 PM)
turtle8101
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I bought my daughter a tablet from Best buy. Along so I purchased a warranty, the Samsung Care Plus plan. At first Samsung said that they have no record of me purchasing that plan, then Samsung said we see that plan you put that plan on a different tablet. Then Samsung came back to me and said oh you didn't purchase a Samsung Care Plus plan you purchased and Asurion plan. You have to talk to Best buy this is Best buy's fault we can no longer help you. I have record I have receipts and they don't care. They have now canceled my repair ticket and are sending me back a broken tablet telling me that there is no protection and that I should pay full price for its repair. Even though I have a receipt for said purchase of tablet and the protection plan.  I have been on the phone with them for over 3 hours for them to blow me off... My question is where did the protection plan go... I feel like I have been ripped off and told to be quiet about it. 

Way to go Samsung, it's nice to see how you treat your customers. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out to our Community. We are so sorry to hear about the difficulty redeeming your extended warranty for repair purposes and would like to assist. To get started, yes you're correct we do offer coverage however you can only purchase the Samsung Care+ coverage on any NEW device/appliance online from your Samsung acct here- https://samsung-us.servify.tech/mycare.

Furthermore, if the coverage was purchased through the retailer as stated, regrettably your only option is to contact your retailer directly as they provide their own coverage. You can use this link https://www.bestbuy.com/site/geek-squad/geek-squad-protection/ or by phone at 1-800-433-5778 to proceed.

I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved and would like for you to contact us if we can be of any further assistance by Private Message. To complete the Private Message option you will need to select any moderator and click on the chat option with your full model and serial number to proceed with that aspect. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Did you buy Samsung Care Plus from the Samsung website. Since I didn't know bestbuy sold it, they sell their own insurance for devices

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
turtle8101
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I was at the store when I bought the plan, it's a best buy receipt that says Samsung Care Plus plan 2yrs. 

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Strange didn't know they sold it in store. I just found this on Best Buys site it maybe two separate departments from in store purchase and online purchase
1713485285234_1713485285229_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
turtle8101
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Yes sir I spent e hours of my day talking to people at that number. They have no record of any purchase by me even though I have the receipt. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out to our Community. We are so sorry to hear about the difficulty redeeming your extended warranty for repair purposes and would like to assist. To get started, yes you're correct we do offer coverage however you can only purchase the Samsung Care+ coverage on any NEW device/appliance online from your Samsung acct here- https://samsung-us.servify.tech/mycare.

Furthermore, if the coverage was purchased through the retailer as stated, regrettably your only option is to contact your retailer directly as they provide their own coverage. You can use this link https://www.bestbuy.com/site/geek-squad/geek-squad-protection/ or by phone at 1-800-433-5778 to proceed.

I wish you the best of luck in getting this resolved and would like for you to contact us if we can be of any further assistance by Private Message. To complete the Private Message option you will need to select any moderator and click on the chat option with your full model and serial number to proceed with that aspect.