cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Chromebook Hot Spot Issue

The Chromebook will not connect with the phone as a hotspot. I dont use this function often, but i used to be able to connect without an issue. The only thing different is that this is the first time I tried after performing a Powerwash, s few months ago. 

Apporeciate whatever help you can offer

Thanks 

NABD

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Chromebook Hot Spot Issue

We are sorry to hear about this. Have you tried resetting the hotspot settings on the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hi Lou,

I've turned the Mobile Hotspot on and off several times. If thats not resetting, please advise how to.

Thanks

NABD

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

That would depend on the phone that you are using, but you will need to clear the saved cache and data for the hotspot.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hi Lou,

using a galaxy Note 8......how do i clear cache and data ?

thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sorry. You need to reset the network settings as follows.

By performing the steps below, the following are cleared or restored to default values:

• Cellular and Wi-Fi network settings (including saved networks and passwords)
  • Bluetooth®

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
    Note These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > General management > Reset.
  3. Tap Reset network settings.
  4. Review the info then tap Reset Settings.
    Note If presented, enter the current PIN, password, or pattern.
  5. To confirm, review the info then tap Reset Settings.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Hi Lou, thanks for response. Unfortunately, the Network Reset didnt resolve the issue. Any other solutions ?

Thanks

NABD

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do it connect to other networks...if yes, You'll need to talk to the carrier about the hotspot issues

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Thanks Tam and Lou....I'll reach out to carrier and let you know results

Highlighted
Astronaut

for AT&T, they control the HotSpot, meaning that if your plan does not include HotSpot it will not work. that is why they roll out updates afterwards, so they can tweak if and control some features of your phone.