Original topic:

Samsung Dex on Galaxy Tab S7 Split Screen Suggestion

(Topic created on: 5/12/21 10:20 PM)
userk5LE1ZUz7d
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I'm really liking the experience of Samsung Dex on my S7 tablet so far. I work on it while I'm just in my living room and I don't feel like getting my laptop out, but I only use it for simpler tasks like writing an essay in Google Docs or anything too intensive, because then I'd just opt for my computer. 

However, I do utilize the split screen on dex every single time I use it, and while I love how easy it is to drag and drop a window to either side of the screen and have it snap into place, I noticed something pretty annoying about it.

If I have two split screen windows open and I open one more to snap to one side of the screen, dex always prompts me to choose what to put on the other side of the screen. For example, if I had YouTube open on the right, Google Docs to the left, and I try to open up Chrome and snap it to the right side, dex will always prompt me about what tab I want to put on the left. I get that this is necessary, but does it have to be triggered all the time? If I have Docs on the left and I cover up the right side, it seems pretty indicative that I still wanted Docs open after I put up the new screen.

It isn't too much of a problem when you have just 2 or 3 split screens, but when you have more than that and you're prompted every time to choose between several different windows that you want to have open, it starts to get annoying. Especially if you choose the wrong one, then your workflow just gets slowed down and interrupted. What if I just need to look something up really quickly and then close the tab and I just want to keep the other side of the screen the same? :\
0 Likes
3 Replies
marka
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Hi
0 Likes
fernandomellisa
Astronaut
Options
Tablets