Original topic:

Samsung Dex wont run Message + or Kindle after recent Tablet S8+ update 12/9/22

(Topic created: 03-18-2023 07:30 AM)
Sedona857
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi all,

I primarily use the Samsung DeX for my working/playing screen to view my emails, browse social media and play games. I prefer the screen sizing in DeX

My Message+ app is useful for texting for a part time work I do from home.  I cannot see some texts from some people (android users, I think) but I can for sure from Apple phones.  I use it a lot!   For my reading, every night, I use Kindle app.  

On 12/10/22 received a software update on my Galaxy Tab S8+.  When I turned my Tablet back on, launched DeX.  At some point later yesterday, I realized  Messages + can no longer run in DeX as well as my Kindle app.  Both say to open in Tablet mode.

What caused this change and how do I get it back?  It will be a pain switching from DeX to Tablet mode for answering or sending texts during the day.  I get information sent to me which I have to respond, print or work on.  I can use another Messaging service but I have really ruled out most of them for my needs.

As far as the Kindle app, I can use it in Tab mode since I use it late at night, but I don't like that full screen on it when reading.  I think I saw or heard about resizing the screens, going to check around unless you can guide me?

17 Replies
Pablo2074
Astronaut
Options
I am sent 10 reports.
0 Likes
Pablo2074
Astronaut
Options
Hi Sedona857,
I am in conversation with Samsung support about same problem since December, 22 updates.
I am sent 10 requests and always same answers about development department try to do something.
I am keep sending requests until they fixed issues.
I am have Galaxy Tab7 + .
Thank you for let us know I am not alone and nothing to do with my or your tablet.
Thank you.
Sedona857
Asteroid
Options

Hi Pablo2074,

Thank you for jumping in on this!  I have been using Google Messages on my tablet and phone so that I am consistent, and it's generally a decent app, but I like Verizon Message + better,  mainly for asthetics.  I can't however get it to do "scheduled" messages, even though they claim it works but I have not been able to!  I use that feature a fair bit because I'm up so late and don't want to bother people late.  I do it mostly so that I don't forget to tell somebody something...I guess I could put it on my calendar or task list but this seems more efficient.  So instead I just go over to the "tablet" side and out of DeX, and use Messages +.  Too much effort!!

Thanks again for pursuing Samsung, hopefully they fix whatever they broke. 

0 Likes
Pablo2074
Astronaut
Options
My pleasure Sedona857.
Solution
int32_t
Constellation
Options

OneUI 5.1 didn't fix this issue, but I found a workaround.

1. Open "Settings" app
  2. Enable Developper mode
    1. Select "About tablet"
    2. Select "Software information"
    3. Tap "Build number" several times
  3. Select "Developper options"
  4. Turn on "Disable app compatibility policies" in "Apps" section
Sedona857
Asteroid
Options

Hi, thanks so much, that does work! So like bill-e below,  I hope I didn't break something else, lol!  So two questions...

1) If I leave this in "Developer mode"  open, which I have to I think, will this allow for other apps to have issues?  It doesn't seem like it but I have a concern that this leaves the tablet to be vulnerable, especially since I don't know what I'm doing...

2)  Should I take it out of Developer  Mode while the tablet does an update?  I have one scheduled tonight?  I'll postpone until I hear

Again, thanks for your great assistance!

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

That worked for me with Message+ but it remains to be seen if it broke anything 😉 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Pablo2074
Astronaut
Options
Dear int32_t,
I await tell you are save my frustration for five months about December updates and my Message + stop working.
After I am followed your directions it start Message + start working in DeX mode.
I am couldn't belive.
You cannot belive how you help me with this issue.

Thank you so much from all guys and from personal for you help!!
Good bless you!
Respectfully,
Pavel.