Original topic:

Samsung Fails Again

(Topic created: 08-04-2022 11:32 AM)
tabby756
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I was waiting for the Tab S8+ to release after the misstep of the S7+ Book Cover, and how there is just an open space on the back to place the S Pen. And after all of the reviews that clearly noted how "storing" the S Pen on the back the S7+ Book Cover would lead to trouble in the form of possibly losing the S Pen because there is no protective flap, you would think that Samsung would listen to the feedback and simply add the protective flap to the S8+ Book Cover and just have it be the same as the flap on the Book Cover Keyboard. But nope. same thing, different year. 

How is is possible to get something so simple wrong twice in a row? Again, I was really hoping that they would come around this year, but they haven't. Hopefully one day they will listen to feedback.
10 Replies
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Tablets

That's because they didn't change the cover at all. It's still the same book cover as for the S7+. But you can easily just keep the S-Pen in the inside, right?

0 Likes
tabby756
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I know they didn't change the cover, that's the problem.

Keeping it on the inside defeats the purpose of having the ability to charge the S Pen when you attach it to the tablet. And then if you keep the S Pen on the inside you have just this open hole on the cover exposing the tablet.
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Tablets

Probably designed like this on purpose, so people will opt for the Ultra instead.

Isn't that what most companies do though?

0 Likes
tabby756
Constellation
Options
Tablets
On that, you're not wrong. Doesn't make it any better tho. I know I'm just one person and it doesn't make a difference for them in the long run, but they're honestly forcing me to look elsewhere.
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Tablets

Yeah I totally understand where you coming from.

Kind of weird that even 3rd party cases don't have that S-Pen cover, at least I couldn't find one

0 Likes
tabby756
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Same, I've looked too. They seem to just copy whatever the main company does, but add like flowers or other designs to the case.
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Tablets
0 Likes
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Tablets
What do you mean? The book cover keyboard has the protective flap.20220804_192753_943_1659655675.jpg
0 Likes
tabby756
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I don't want to pay $200 for a keyboard I'm never gonna use.