Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (SM-T500) update to Android 11 (One UI 3.1) causes freezes and reboots!

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 06:26 AM)
TuffDadSF
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have the Tab A7 (SM-T500) and just updated it yesterday to Android 11 (One UI 3.1) and I have been getting almost non-stop freezing and reboots. 

I eventually was able to install everything I wanted after about a 100 auto reboots. Then it seemed stable.

This morning I went to click on an app and it froze again and rebooted.

I tried some of the things mentioned in other posts like uninstalling updates in Android Web Viewer, clearing the caches, and even a complete erase and reset. Anyone else having these problems?

0 Likes
9 Replies
TuffDadSF
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello again, 

I have been searching online for an answer but still nothing. 

This morning I tried another tablet reset but sure enough, as soon as I started setting up the tablet the thing started rebooting itself.

Are there instructions on how to revert back to the previous OS which didn't have this problem?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

I understand how this may be frustrating, have you tried running the tablet in safe mode? 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key.
  3. When Samsung appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode on the device.
  7. Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
TuffDadSF
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks for the info but I just sent the tablet back to Samsung so they can re-image it. I think the OS got corrupted during the install as the tablet freezes and shuts down even during the inital setup before any apps are installed.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Please keep us update on the service.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
DannyDieHard
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I haven't had that issue but the freezes I did encounter just. Few days ago but only in the work profile , but not in the main profile , I just deleted the whole work profile ND am only using te main profile so if ur using the work profile try deleting it and all its files and hit restart see if fixes it ,

0 Likes
userSpwjh5ZvPl
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I brought this and 6-3-21 at Office Max. Just turned it on yesterday to get everything setup on the tablet. 

Last night it was doing an update which was taking forever. This morning I got up and powered it up at 6:30 and it is still Downloading the One UI Core 3.1 Upgrade (Android 11) and it is still downloading the update. Time left is 23:57:25. So is this something new? If all downloads are going to take forever, I will just reset to factory settings and return to store. I haven't installed any other items to the tablet since I already knew that there would be an update as soon as I turned it on.

0 Likes
DannyDieHard
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Oh man the first update killed me bro took for ever , but in all honesty if I had the option to return it and get. Different one I would , mainly because of the secure folder , it doesn't have one at all , and I have costumers look through the tablet 3vry now ND then so my private apps her all in the secure folder this one Nas a work profile that is very glitch and doesn't work the same,  I dislike this tablet alot 

0 Likes
TuffDadSF
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I just got my tablet back from repair. I think they just erased it and flashed it with the newest OS update. It works perfectly now. So happy to have my baby home again!
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

That's great to hear! 

0 Likes