JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 model # SM-T813

(Topic created: 09-09-2020 09:45 AM)
userfrovYVQ5KI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I had to stay in the hospital with my husband for a week following his radical nephrectomy and comlications. My Samsung tablet was my lifeline. 4 days in the wall charger (not USB) stopped charging it. This wasn't the original charger, just a replacement. It said it was charging, but it never gained even 1% even after 8 hours of being on it. The tablet eventually died. Came home, put it on the original charger it came with and boom. It began charging. Even another Samsung Wall Charger with a USB port wouldn't charge it. I need to buy an extra one that will actually charge this tablet, WHERE can I get that?

6 Replies
CamrynJWolfe
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Most newer tablets require "Fast-Charge". You can find certified Samsung products wherever you purchased your tablet, or anywhere that sells new electronic devices. Just be sure that it is "Fast-Charge" compatible.
0 Likes
userfrovYVQ5KI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

This is not a newer tablet and it works just fine. I'd just like to be able to charge it with compatible chargers and not have to drag the original cord around iwth me everywhere. The original cord was one piece, not a block that plugs into the wall and a separate cord that plugs into the usb port on the block and the other end into the tablet. It makes ZERO sense to me as to why when I use a compatible charger the tablet tells me it is charging, but it NEVER gains even 1% of a charge after hours and hours of sitting there on the charger. 

userfrovYVQ5KI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

ACK!! My bad, the original charger DOES have the block and usb port with the other end going into the tablet. I looked and it has an output of 5V. Some of the compatible ones only put out 4.75V but they still used to work and now they don't. I will see if I can find a replacement that puts out 5 full volts to buy. Hopefully that won't be throwing good money after bad.

CamrynJWolfe
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I see, and yes. I would definitely look for one that is 5V. 4.75 is universal, but as the battery in your device age, that charger can't keep up.
userfrovYVQ5KI
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Still though they ALL used to work to charge (albeit very slowly) this tablet. Now suddenly out of the blue they no longer work, even though the tablet itself says it's being charged, it just never gains any charge. I found an old cord charger I had and it works on charging the tablet. I wonder if there is something different about old chargers verses the new ones that are being made now. This tablet is several years old and I only use it at night for a little bit after we go to bed and I use it in place of my computer when we are on our week to 10 day camping trips. 

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Your Samsung tablet uses an adaptive fast charger that provides a higher amperage than generic chargers. You can get a replacement charger for you Tab S2 from samsungparts.com.

0 Likes