Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Fe Android update.

(Topic created: 11-04-2023 05:55 PM)
Ashish IND
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have just purchased it, should it get Android 14 and 15? ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน

15 Replies
DalgleishGX
Galaxy
Options
Tablets

๐Ÿ‘‹ Hello

It should be getting Android 14 and 15 according to Samsung's 4 year policy as the tablet only released in 2021.

Cheers, Jason

( I'm not affiliated with Samsung Corp or any of it's subsidiaries. For issues, please contact Samsung support. )

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Based on the date it was released, the Tab S7 FE should receive 3 years of OS updates. If it was launched with Android 11 on it, then it will definitely receive Android 14 as its final update. I don't believe there has been an official announcement about it yet, however.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
I agree with @VerbumVeritum. I too have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE as well. Regardless of when you actually purchase a device. It's Samsung's discretion on how long they choose to support any device. We will continue to receive the Security Updates. We are receiving Quarterly Updates at this time. No official word has been given that we will receive Android 14, or One UI 6.

Like yourself I would be disappointed to not receive the latest Android build. But, keep in mind we likely purchased an very excellent device for a relatively inexpensive price. However, that comes with the caveat that we receive less major OS updates in the future.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

I'd further like to add that Samsung's Update Deployment Roadmap for all of their devices are based on when the device first hits a given market. Model variants of any given devices from different Global Regions or Countries. Not on when an individual entity actually purchases the device in a given market.

Does that mean a device although technically new won't receive new updates? In some instances YES and sadly in some instances. Especially with EOL devices. There is the very likelihood that NO new updates will come. Unless, Samsung deems it necessary. But again at their discretion. I hope this helps not only yourself, but all the people who read this!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets
Hi! @Ashish IND Did I answer your question about your Samsung Galaxy Tab tablets? If I did please accept my solution as "Accepted Solution" Thank you for using the Samsung Member's App. Have a pleasant day! Thank you!
0 Likes
crislikethis
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Will the tab s7 get android 14
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Sorry, but no, 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
EZ-T
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
It would be very beneficial to many of us Galaxy S7 FE owners to receive the Android 14 update (I have the largest storage and RAM version). I have an AT&T S23+ variant that has received the update flawlessly
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@EZ-T  Are you saying that you received the Android 14 update or other updates flawlessly in the past? 

The majority or related A14 schedules online say no update but one never knows which are accurate. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes