Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 keeps intermittently turning itself on

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 08:47 AM)
j_grant
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
My Galaxy Tab S7 recently started turning itself on at random about 6 months after I purchased it (new). It sometimes restarts itself right after I power it down, and other times it turns itself back on hours later. This happens when the charger cord is not plugged in. Customer service suggested I do a soft reset, but the directions they provided do not work. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, or how I can fix it?
6 Replies
Shadie21
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Quick question, you wouldn't happen to have calls and text on other devices on?
Samsung Galaxy S7
0 Likes
j_grant
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I do receive calls and texts on my Samsung phone. I also have an older Samsung tablet that I sometimes receive calls on through Facebook Messenger, but that tablet never turns on by itself.
0 Likes
Shadie21
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
I had that problem last night, I turn off text and calls toggle and it hasn't started it's self over or booted yet, so I too am trying to find the cause of the turning on by it's self.
I know I powered it off and placed it in my computer bag only to hear notification sounds, and phone ringing at all times of the night. Last night I received a call that I had already answered 20mins earlier and ended. So that's got me puzzled
Samsung Galaxy S7
0 Likes
j_grant
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Do you also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7? I've been wondering whether the problem has to do with my specific tablet, or if it could be related to a software update.
0 Likes
Shadie21
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Yes, I do, and I strongly believe it's in the software
Samsung Galaxy S7
0 Likes
j_grant
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I've been wondering myself if the problem has to do with a software update, since it didn't start happening until I had been using my tablet for 6 or 7 months. I haven't been able to find evidence through an internet search that many others are experiencing the same issue as me, though. You're the first and only other one.

One thing you could check is this: Go to Settings, then General Management, then Reset, then check to see if "Auto reset at set times" is turned on. If it is turned on, you can turn that option off and your problem might be solved. In my case, it was not turned on, so that fix didn't solve my issue. If no one on this forum can help me, I will see if my tablet is still under the manufacturer's warranty timeframe.
0 Likes